Farrell to play vampire in ‘Fright Night’May 2nd, 2011 - 7:44 am ICT by IANS
London, May 2 (IANS) Actor Colin Farrell is set to play a charismatic vampire in “Fright Night” as director Craig Gillespie feels he has a “dangerous” quality that epitomises the character.
“We were so lucky to get Colin. It was perfect. He epitomises the character in ‘Fright Night’. There’s a dangerous quality to him and he’s very charismatic. He’s a very dark version of what’s been in the vampire realm these days,” director Craig Gillespie told Empire magazine.
Farrell, who plays sweet-talking bloodsucker Jerry in a modern day remake of the 1985 cult classic ‘Fright Night’, struggled to keep his character believable, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“I mean for sure you try to make things as real as possible. I have conversations with myself: ‘Well he wouldn’t do that’and I go ‘What the f**k, he’s 400 years old’. I mean really? Craig and I have had arguments on how far to push it and how far not to,” he said.
- Colin Farell signed for 'Fright Night' - May 11, 2010
- 'Fright Night' - a different horror film (IANS Film Review) - Aug 20, 2011
- Collin Farrell to play bloodsucker in Fright Night remake - May 12, 2010
- Chris Sarandon Stars In The Remake Of "Fright Night" - Oct 05, 2010
- Colin Farrell wants to play unicorn - Aug 20, 2011
- 'Horrible bosses' sequel being planned - Jul 27, 2011
- Emma Stone to star in 'Pride Prejudice & Zombies' - Jun 24, 2011
- Farrell found 'Total Recall' preparation boring - Sep 09, 2012
- Farrell turned on by kind women - Sep 04, 2012
- Pattinson bags lead role in 'Cosmopolis' - Aug 22, 2012
- Pattinson's charisma landed him 'Cosmopolis' (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Farrell was dubious about 'Total Recall' - Jul 23, 2012
- Farrell's memory loss - Aug 17, 2012
- Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood - Jul 31, 2012
- Small films affect Farrell emotionally - Aug 29, 2012