Farhan to grow beard for ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ (Movie Snippets)December 10th, 2011 - 3:28 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 10 (IANS) Actor Farhan Akhtar, who is set to reprise the role of Milkha Singh in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”, will start growing a beard and wear a turban to perfect his look as the legendary athlete.
Starting January 2012, Farhan will start growing his beard as he has refused to resort to an artificial one, said a source.
“Farhan is extremely excited to work on this project and wants his character to look completely real. That’s why he is also going through intense training to get an athlete’s body. After the release of ‘Don 2′, he will throw himself into the project completely,” said the source from the film’s unit.
Director Mehra confirmed the news.
“We will start shooting the film in mid-2012. So, for the next few months, Farhan will be working towards achieving his look in the movie. Both Farhan and I want his character to look as close to Milkha as possible,” he said.
In the meantime, Farhan has already started working on his role. He not only met the athlete for tips, he has even taken Urdu lessons from his writer-father Javed Akhtar and Punjabi lessons from lyricist Gulzar for the film.
But before everything else, he is concentrating on the release of his directorial “Don 2: The King Is Back”, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Boman Irani, Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta. The film will release Dec 23.
Preity enjoys evening in Paris
Actress Preity Zinta is having a gala time shooting for her first production venture “Ishq in Paris”.
“Enjoying every bit of my ‘Evening in Paris!’ The air is crisp, the mind is relaxed and the Christmas lights bring a smile to my face :-) Ting!” Preity posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“Ishq In Paris” is an Indo-French project. Preity plays a half-Indian, half-French girl who falls in love in Paris, one of the most expensive cities in the world to shoot in.
The film is being directed by Prem Soni, who went behind the camera last for “Main Aurr Mrs Khanna”.
Music not on Bhansali’s mind for now
Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s melodious compositions in “Guzaarish” struck a chord with many music lovers, but the acclaimed filmmaker wants to stay away from that department for some time now.
“I don’t know if I will make music again. Music is something which needs full on concentration. If you’re making a big musical, then you have to have a big department that looks into music on its own. So may be, for a film or two at least, I won’t compose,” Bhansali told IANS.
For now, he is looking forward to directing a colourful Bollywood extravaganza in his lavish, signature style.
- Mehra keen to shoot 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' in Pakistan (With Image) - Jan 30, 2012
- Ladakh trip makes Farhan nostalgic - Sep 02, 2012
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- More painful times ahead for Farhan! - Apr 13, 2012
- Farhan takes Punjabi lessons from Gulzar - Oct 24, 2011
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra mourns loss of mother - Sep 10, 2012
- Milkha Singh to help Farhan recreate his life on screen - Feb 04, 2012
- Preity brushing up French for 'Ishq In Paris': Director - Jul 07, 2011
- Katy wants to raid Priyanka's closet (Movie Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- Farhan best for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', says Milkha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 24, 2012
- Preity shoots 'Ishq In Paris' in minus 21 degrees - Feb 28, 2012
- Shooting 'Lakshya' in Ladakh changed me: Farhan Akhtar - Jan 28, 2012
- It's time for a break: Farhan Akhtar (Movie Snippets) - Dec 30, 2011
- Yuvraj lauds Farhan's 'Milkha' look (Movie Snippets) - Apr 20, 2012
Tags: boman irani, christmas lights, evening in paris, french girl, french project, gala time, growing a beard, gulzar, intense training, ishq, lara dutta, lyricist, milkha singh, omprakash, preity zinta, priyanka chopra, rakeysh omprakash mehra, shah rukh khan, soni, unit director