Farhan thrilled with ‘Rock On’, but doesn’t want sequelSeptember 21st, 2008 - 10:12 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 21 (IANS) Farhan Akhtar is still surprised by the overwhelming response to “Rock On” and says the movie has not only set a benchmark for other music films but also spurred an Indi-rock revival. But the actor-director-singer is not too keen on a sequel.” ‘Rock On’ has created a certain parameter within which other films based on music will be gauged. People within the industry feel more adventurous and conscientious after ‘Rock On’,” Farhan, who made his acting debut with the film, told IANS in an interview.
He said that “Rock On” had gone much beyond films.
“Suddenly there’s an upsurge of rock. We suddenly have an Indi-rock revival. Regional bands are again playing … Newspaper articles are being written about desi rock. Suddenly I feel we’ve started something we can’t control. It’s all very encouraging.
“It’s a great thing happening here. Credit must go to our director Abhishek Kapoor, who was very adamant on doing a film on a neglected cultural phenomenon,” said Farhan, who has made films like “Dil Chahta Hain” and “Lakshya”.
But he stressed that he wasn’t too keen on a sequel and that he had had enough of the “Rock On” saga.
“The director Abhishek Kapoor should know about the sequel. As for me, I’m not for it. I feel ‘Rock On’ is a sequel to my own ‘Dil Chahta Hai’. Both transported me to the same emotional space. So I’ve had enough of it. I think Abhishek has a lot more to do as a filmmaker than a sequel.”
Farhan had a great time jamming with his “Rock On” co-stars - Arjun Rampal, Luke Kenny and Purab - and wouldn’t mind working together as a band too.
“A camaraderie has set in among the four of us. This bonding is very special. We want to carry our musical togetherness forward. What we saw at the Delhi concert was unbelievable. Before the film’s release, we had performed in Mumbai and Pune. But the experience in Delhi post-release was something else. The audience knew us and the songs…They were screaming my character’s name Adi,” said a thrilled Farhan.
“Like I said, it’s gone beyond our expectations.”
- Sushant Singh Rajput in movie version of '3 Mistakes Of My Life'? - Apr 30, 2012
- B-Town showers love, birthday blessings on Farhan - Jan 09, 2012
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- No similarity between 'Zindagi Na...' and 'Dil Chahta Hai': Farhan - May 15, 2011
- After National Award, Kangana feels like going back home - Jan 26, 2010
- Neil wants pierced ears? (Movie Snippets) - Dec 19, 2011
- Farhan Akhtar to endorse watch brand Xylys - Oct 07, 2011
- A movie needs time to grow: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Dec 08, 2011
- Working with new directors learning experience: Ritesh Sidhwani - Jun 05, 2012
- Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai - Jul 04, 2012
- From director to actor, role reversal is in - Aug 30, 2012
- 'The 3 Mistakes Of My Life' goes on floors this month - Apr 09, 2012
- Delhi crowd energised 'Rock On' concert: Farhan Akhtar - Sep 08, 2008
- Aamir Khan signs next with Farhan Akhtar - Nov 01, 2010
- Adult comedy or musical drama - what's your pick this Friday? (IANS Preview) - Jul 24, 2012