Farhan Akhtar Turns Into a Loner, Frightens FriendsJune 10th, 2009 - 6:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Known To be utterly gregarious and accessible Farhan has suddenly withdrawn into a shell.
Before well-wishers could presume the worst, the truth has come out in the open.
His current acting assignment Kartik Versus Kartik with Deepika Padukone which is almost done provoked these withdrawal symptoms.
Since the part requires him to be a lonely brooder Farhan has lately switched off his phone and become almost inaccessible to the world outside.
“It was the nature of the character I was playing. He’s a guy lost in his world. So I was making an effort to isolate myself.”
Friends found Farhan’s behaviour strange since usually he is so reachable and gregarious.
“Lately I’ve just been switching off from the world for the sake of my character.If you want to call it method acting, so be it,”says Farhan.
Farhan won’t be cast in Abhishek Rock On Kapoor’s second film, though it’s being produced by Farhan’s company. “Gattu has very specific ideas on whom he wants to cast.If he thinks I don’t fit any part that’s fine.I’m just happy producing his film.”
Now Farhan prepares to shoot for Don 2. His father Javed Akhtar will be no part of the sequel to Don. The first part of the fim had been written by Javed Saab.
Don 2 has a different team of writers which includes Farhan.
“The first film was my father’s vision. He had written the original Don featuring Mr Bachchan. But Don 2 is being written by fans only. These are yours truly and two new enthusiastic boys Ameet and Amreesh who came to me with their ideas on how the story can be carried forward. I’ve thrown my ideas at them. Don 2 is basically being written by three Don fans who are having a ball carrying the story forward.
About the exclusion of his father Farhan explains, “He cannot be a fan of Don because he conceived it.”
Farhan’s heart is set on his pet project Voice From The Sky which got stalled by casting setbacks.
“It’s strange. No matter who it is, and no matter how big or small the director, everyone of us is facing casting problems. Finding the right actors has become a major problem. Voice From The Sky did get delayed because I couldn’t find the right actor. But I know I’ll come back to it. And one day when you see it you’ll realize why I had to make this film.” -Sampurn Media
- Film makes loner out of Farhan Akhtar - Jun 12, 2009
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- Farhan Akhtar to endorse watch brand Xylys - Oct 07, 2011
- Farhan wants to work with childhood friend Salman - Dec 03, 2011
- I'm actually taller than Deepika, says Farhan Akhtar - May 17, 2009
- A movie needs time to grow: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Dec 08, 2011
- Shabana Azmi's brother to direct Farhan Akhtar - Jan 18, 2011
- Farhan Measures Up To Deepika's Heights - May 16, 2009
- Farhan takes Punjabi lessons from Gulzar - Oct 24, 2011
- Farhan to grow beard for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' (Movie Snippets) - Dec 10, 2011
- Friends eased pain when parents divorced: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Jul 22, 2011
- My audience believes I can fly: SRK - Dec 20, 2011
- I want to take 'Don' forward: Farhan Akhtar - Dec 20, 2011
- Shah Rukh's 'Don 2' is a cool thriller (IANS Hindi Movie Review) - Dec 24, 2011
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', takes male bonding to another level (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: ameet, brooder, deepika padukone, fim, having a ball, heart, kartik, mr bachchan, pet project, s vision, saab, sake, sequel, setbacks, shell, sky, subhash, truth, well wishers, withdrawal symptoms