Fans of Lauren Bacall Will Miss Her Oscar MomentsMarch 5th, 2010 - 8:41 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Los Angeles, March 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Sunday, Mar 7, as the 82nd Academy Awards unfolds, there would be some of the world’s best in the business receiving the awards. However, what all will miss are the Honorary Lifetime Achievement awards category winners. The organizers had handed over the golden statuette to four honorary award winners Lauren Bacall, Gordon Willis, Roger Corman and John Calley on Nov 14 last year.
The Academy Awards organizers have shifted these awards to that of Governor’s Awards. This according to them has been done keeping in mind the time constraints at the annual Oscar ceremony. This year only annual film awards will be given at the Oscar night. Actress Lauren Bacall has received this year the Honorary awards for not a single film but her contribution as a whole to the Hollywood film industry.
Lauren Bacall had never received an Academy Award for her acting in a particular film though she was once nominated for her performance in the film “Mirror Has Two Faces”. She is one of the legendary actresses who belong to the Studio Era and the award is befitting for her. If she had attracted the attention of the audience with her performance in noir films like “The Big Sleep” and “Dark Passage,” her comic role in “How to Marry A Millionaire” is also worth remembering. All these have led Lauren Bacall to become a worthy Lifetime Achievement Award Winner at the Academy Awards. However, though she would be present on Mar 7, fans will miss those Oscar moments of her receiving the award.
- Lauren's still on top - Sep 14, 2009
- Lauren Bacall to be honoured by Academy Awards bosses - Sep 12, 2009
- Early Oscars awarded to Roger Corman, Lauren Bacall & Gordon Willis - Nov 16, 2009
- Helen Mirren calls for more women directors - Jul 03, 2012
- Lauren Bacall lands honorary Oscar - Nov 16, 2009
- 'The Artist', 'Hugo' in tie with five Oscars each (Roundup) - Feb 27, 2012
- Oscar statuettes sold for $3 mn in auction - Feb 29, 2012
- Francis Ford Coppola, Jean-Luc Godard to receive honorary Oscars - Aug 26, 2010
- Winfrey receives Oscar statuette - Nov 13, 2011
- Legendary film director Sidney Lumet dies at 86 - Apr 10, 2011
- Germany's cross-eyed possum predicts top Oscar winners - Feb 24, 2011
- Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his 'The Help' gets statuette (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Charlize Theron to be honoured - Mar 31, 2012
- Francis Ford Coppola, Eli Wallach & Jean Luc Godard set to receive Governor's Awards at the Oscars - Aug 26, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' big winner of Oscar evening - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: achievement award winner, category winners, dark passage, gordon willis, hollywood film industry, honorary award, honorary awards, how to marry a millionaire, john calley, lauren bacall, legendary actresses, lifetime achievement award, lifetime achievement awards, mirror has two faces, news on sunday, oscar ceremony, oscar moments, oscar night, roger corman, time constraints