Fan threatens to shoot Sheryl CrowJuly 31st, 2012 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 31 (IANS) Singer Sheryl Crow has requested for a restraining order against a fan who has threatened to shoot her.
According to the legal documents, the 50-year-old’s fan, Phillip Gordon, is said to be delusional and believes that Crow stole money from him in the past, reports tmz.com.
Gordon, who is also 50, started posting threatening post on singer’s Facebook page, back in April.
“It was clear to me that he was deeply disturbed because his posts were delusional, rambling, filled with profanity and laced with angry rants. Posts claimed that I was supposedly filming him surreptitiously, tried to have him arrested and that I had stolen money from him,” Crow said in the documents.
Things were taken to the next level when Gordon reportedly went to the Screen Actors Guild and told an employee that he was going to shoot her.
The singer says the news was extremely alarming and she now fears for the safety of her family, employees and her manager whom Gordon allegedly mentioned by name in one of his posts.
Crow is asking for protection for herself and 16 other people, including her two sons, nanny, sister, assistant, parents, siblings and managers.
- Tampa Bay Rays unhappy with Avril Lavigne - May 30, 2011
- Aniston granted 3 yrs restraining order against 'delusional stalker' - Aug 10, 2010
- Sheryl Crow puts mansion on online auction - Nov 24, 2010
- Sheryl Crow diagnosed with brain tumour - Jun 06, 2012
- Upset producer halts Charlie Sheen's TV show - Feb 25, 2011
- Sheryl Crow to pen Diner musical - Sep 21, 2011
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- Sheryl Crow makes first public appearance with beau - May 08, 2011
- Katt Williams wins back custody of daughter - Dec 12, 2011
- Willow Smith listed as her dad Will's employee - Jan 01, 2011
- Mel Gibson 'offered ex cash' for infamous rant tapes - Sep 25, 2010
- Gibson offers $1m to Grigorieva for tape rants - Sep 25, 2010
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Lashes Out Against Manny Pacquiao In Profanity Laced Rant - Sep 04, 2010
- Aniston gets restraining order against stalker - Aug 10, 2010
- Britney Spears denies accusations in Flores' lawsuit - Jul 21, 2011