Fame isn’t perpetual: Big BMarch 29th, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 29 (IANS) Even at 69, megastar Amitabh Bachchan remains one of the most sought after actors in Bollywood, but he feels fame is not perpetual and will eventually fade away.
“As we drive to the eatery, I sit in the front seat - the ladies being at the back and I notice that there are still some passerby’s on the street that fling a recognition with smile. Recognition and compassionately so, does wonders for morale,” Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“But there have been many occasions when interested has faded from the celebrity. Has happened to me on many an occasion. It is a bit discomforting, but it must be known that this glory and recognition shall all fade away one day,” he added.
The actor, who has spent over four decades in the Hindi film industry, suggests that one should not be enamoured by fame and be gracious if it fades away.
“Some take it kindly, some do not. It is hard and harsh both to see adulation favour away from you and settle on another. Better then to not be too enamoured by it when it serves you. Life is transitory as is fame… Be gracious in accepting that it has gone away, elsewhere,” he said.
- Nikhat Kazmi was generous: Big B - Jan 21, 2012
- Big B gets Maharashtrian of the Year award - Dec 22, 2011
- Aruna Irani, Pyarelal to get lifetime achievement award - Jan 21, 2012
- Big B praises 'Paan Singh Tomar', calls it true biopic - Mar 04, 2012
- Big B back home, upset with paparazzi's insensitivity (With Image) - Feb 24, 2012
- Why Big B sneaked into his house? - Jan 02, 2012
- Amitabh to inaugurate school for special children - Jan 10, 2012
- Fashion of 1970s is back: Amitabh Bachchan - Jan 20, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Celebrities have responsibilities: Big B - Jun 29, 2012
- Big B shoots for Maggie noodle ad - Jun 10, 2012
- Big B to be honoured at Pune film fest - Jan 10, 2012
- Big B admires Preity's guts, drive - Jun 20, 2012
- Big B enjoying the company of granddaughter - Nov 25, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012