‘Fakht you’ changed to ‘Just you’ to avoid row: ChitrangadaJuly 27th, 2012 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 27 (IANS) Actress Chitrangada Singh, who has grooved to an item song in Shirish Kunder’s “Joker”, reveals the filmmakers changed the lyrics of the song “I want fakht you” to “I want just you” to avoid any unwanted reactions.
She says “Fakht you” is actually a Marathi word, meaning “only you”.
“So everyone doesn’t understand it. They can interpret it in some other way also. So, to save that situation, they (filmmakers) decided to go with ‘Just you’ and it is just as much fun,” the 36-year-old said here.
“Some people found it (’I want fakht you’) offensive, but that is not the intention of the filmmakers at all. It is a family film and for kids,” she added.
Meanwhile, Chitrangada also feels that comparisons between her song and Kareena Kapoor’s ‘Halkat jawani’ in “Heroine” are inevitable.
“Well, I think comparisons are inevitable. Whatever you do, you may dance like the other person or not, there are bound to be comparisons about whether you did good enough or you didn’t do good enough,” said Chitrangada.
“But I think it is great that this is the time for songs like this and I think we have a great number,” she added.
“Joker”, directed by Shirish Kunder, stars Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha and hits theatres Aug 31.
- My husband liked my ethnic look in item number: Chitrangada - Jul 31, 2012
- Chitrangada liked original lyrics of 'Kafirana' - Aug 31, 2012
- Shreyas shoots for item number with Chitrangada (Movie Snippets) - Nov 13, 2011
- Chitrangada game for more item songs - Aug 29, 2012
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- No qualms in working with Priyanka: Akshay Kumar (Movie Snippets) - Nov 16, 2011
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
- Not upset with Shirish: Akshay Kumar - Mar 02, 2012
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- Instrumental tunes save 'Joker' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- Now Chitrangada wants to drape sari for cover shoot - Dec 27, 2011
- Shirish Kunder apologises to SRK - Aug 25, 2012
- Chitrangada calls herself trendsetter, not follower - Feb 22, 2012
- Chitrangda tries Madhuri's 'Sailaab' act - Jun 04, 2012