Fahrenheit 9/11 ‘most successful US documentary ever’February 9th, 2011 - 1:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 9 (ANI): Michael Moore’s ‘Fahrenheit 9/11′, a polemical film about the administration of President George W Bush, is the most successful documentary ever at the US box office.
The documentary grossed 222 million pounds worldwide.
The film focuses on subjects including the voting controversy in Florida in the 2000 presidential election and moves on to Bush’s response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, reports the Telegraph.
It alleges close relations between the Bush family and Saudi Arabia, and suggests that members of the Bin Laden family were flown out of the US by the government just after the attacks.
Further, it goes on to look at the decision to invade Iraq and portrays sections of the mainstream media as cheerleaders in a rush to war.
The film also looks at the Patriot Act and, after discovering that some politicians hadn’t read it, Moore rides around Washington in an ice cream van reading it through a loudspeaker.
After its release in 2004, the film won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes film festival, where it received a 20 minutes standing ovation.
Its title was based on the Ray Bradbury novel Fahrenheit 451 and the movie was promoted with the slogan “The temperature at which freedom burns.” (ANI)
- Big B remembers Ray Bradbury - Jun 07, 2012
- US science fiction writer Ray Bradbury dies - Jun 07, 2012
- Moore, Weinsteins settle 'Fahrenheit' suit - Feb 17, 2012
- 'The Angels' Share' wins jury prize at Cannes - May 28, 2012
- 'Khuda Kay Liye', 'Fahrenheit 9/11' best cinematic works on WTC attack - Sep 09, 2011
- 'Reality' wins grand prize at Cannes - May 28, 2012
- Michael Moore Sues Weinstein Brothers Over "Fahrenheit 9/11" - Feb 08, 2011
- Michael Moore, Director Of The Antiestablishment Film, 'Fahrenheit 9/11', Sues The Weinsteins - Feb 08, 2011
- Italy's Nanni Moretti named Cannes president - Jan 21, 2012
- 'The Tree of Life' wins 2011 Golden Palm at Cannes - May 23, 2011
- Michael Moore's new documentary about global economic meltdown - Jul 10, 2009
- 'Amour' wins Palme d'Or top prize at Cannes - May 28, 2012
- WikiLeaks: US intervened in `Fahrenheit 9/11' screening - Dec 23, 2010
- Michael Moore making Fahrenheit 9/11 sequel - May 14, 2008
- Uma Thurman, Jude Law join Cannes jury - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: bin laden family, bush family, cannes film festival, close relations, fahrenheit 451, fahrenheit 9 11, george w bush, london feb, loudspeaker, mainstream media, michael moore, palme, patriot act, president george w bush, ray bradbury, ray bradbury novel, saudi arabia, september 11 2001, september 11 2001 terrorist attacks, standing ovation