Experts dont buy Pitt’’s defence of not cheating on Aniston for JolieJanuary 8th, 2009 - 6:12 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 8 (ANI): Experts say that having emotional feelings for someone is the start of an affair, but actor Brad Pitt, who was married to actress Jennifer Aniston when he shot Mr. & Mrs. Smith with actress Angelina Jolie, has denied that he cheated on her.
Pitt, 45, has once again rebuffed allegations that he started his affair with Jolie on the set of Mr. & Mrs. Smith while he was still married to Aniston, and says that he was still filming the movie when he split up with her.
What people don”t understand is that we filmed for a year. We were still filming after Jen and I split up, the New York Daily News quoted him as saying in the February issue of W magazine.
Even then it doesn”t mean that there was some kind of dastardly affair. There wasn”t, he added.
But experts have pointed out that an affair is not just about sex, but also about emotions.
An emotional affair is an affair. If you find yourself having feelings for someone, that is the beginning of an affair, Rachel Sussman, a New York-based marriage and family therapist, said.
So whether Pitt and Jolie consummated their relationship while he was still married to Aniston is irrelevant, she says.
Both Jolie and Pitt have denied that they began dating during his marriage and Pitt now says that his early relationship with Jolie was “respectful” of his marriage with Aniston.
But Pitt’’s definition of what’’s respectful might differ from his ex-wife’’s.
Men do tend to walk around feeling that unless I”m having sex, I”m not doing anything wrong, M. Gary Neuman, psychotherapist and author of The Truth About Cheating: Why Men Stray and What You Can Do to Prevent It, said.
Women can be uncomfortable with the husband talking about how many lunches he’’s had with an associate. There is a difference of perspective, he said.
Adding that extramarital sex is only painful because it says how far the emotional affair went.
Both Sussman and Neuman agree that spouses can avoid becoming too close to a member of the opposite sex. (ANI)
- Experts don''t buy Pitt''s defence of not cheating on Aniston for Jolie - Mar 20, 2009
- Brad Pitt to produce biopic on Marilyn Monroe - Jun 05, 2012
- Brad Pitt felt no sparks with Kidman - Aug 09, 2011
- Is Aniston friends with Jolie? - Feb 29, 2012
- Jolie didn't wreck my marriage: Brad Pitt - Jan 07, 2009
- Brad Pitt's Claim: He Hopes Jennifer Aniston Forgets Him - Mar 15, 2010
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt (Lead, Changing intro) - Jul 30, 2011
- Ex-husband Pitt congratulates Aniston on engagement - Aug 15, 2012
- Brad Pitt calls himself 'Mr. Mom' - Aug 03, 2010
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt - Jul 30, 2011
- Jolie praises Pitt as a 'real man' - Jun 01, 2011
- Jennifer Aniston: Loveless Life Sans Brad Pitt - Nov 08, 2010
- Brad Pitt set to marry Angelina Jolie? - May 30, 2011
- Brad Pitt: Jolie is no homewrecker - Jan 07, 2009
- Bodyguard spills secret about Pitt, Aniston meeting - Apr 08, 2010
Tags: actor brad pitt, actress angelina jolie, actress jennifer, allegations, angelina jolie, brad pitt, emotional affair, emotional feelings, extramarital sex, having sex, jennifer aniston, m gary neuman, marriage and family, marriage and family therapist, mrs smith, new york daily news, pitt and jolie, psychotherapist, w magazine, york daily news