Expectant mothers walk the ramp in Delhi in a unique ramp showApril 12th, 2008 - 11:16 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr 12 (ANI): A unique fashion show took place here on Saturday where expectant mothers showcased specially designed clothes.
For the first time ever, 300 pregnant women turned models and walked down the ramp at India’s biggest Baby Shower- Great Expectation show.
The event was the culmination of a fashion and healthcare show for expectant mothers.
The brand ‘9 Months’ showcased its signature collection for the season. With Eco-chic styling, models (prospective mothers) sashayed down the ramp in a summer collection of flirty frills and romantic ruffles in crisp shades of whites and black. Various styles from party wear, office wears and casual wear were also on display.
This collection is much more summery much more romantic. It has got frills, it has got a lot more skin perhaps because its summer and in winter we do a little more conservative range. So this is much more romance, fun and having a good time during summer, said Aparna Jain, CEO of ‘9 Months’.
I have worn these clothes they are very comfortable it makes me feel so much more normal and its great, even the comfort level is so much, it is unbelievable, said Gitayani, an expectant mother.
The event saw well known doctors from Fortis La Femme interacting with the women on a number of hot topics related to pregnancy, nutrition and getting back in shape after the baby’s birth.
The show was interspersed with fun baby shower games-the big hit being the event’s popular “Biggest Belly” game, where pregnant women came on stage to show off their mother-to-be-status and won prizes for having the largest tummies. (ANI)
- Zoa Morani to make first appearance at LFW show - Mar 12, 2011
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Designer Pillai Mohan showcases kid wear at Wills India Fashion Week - Oct 24, 2010
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Simpson loves to show off baby bump - Nov 18, 2011
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Omani, Indian designers team up for a cause - Mar 01, 2012
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Sonam brings the curtains down on Jewellery Week - Aug 05, 2011
- Pallavi Mohan launches kidswear collection - Oct 23, 2010
- Indian designer to show at London's art gallery (With Image) - Jul 21, 2011
- Looking forward to new phase: Shilpa - May 04, 2012
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Gulshan Kumar's daughter makes 'fairy tale' debut at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: 9 months, baby shower games, casual wear, ceo, clothes, culmination, fashion show, fortis, getting back in shape, great expectation, having a good time, hot topics, New Delhi, pregnancy nutrition, pregnant women, prizes, ramp, shades, signature collection, unique fashion