Exotic bird lands on Matt Lauer’s head during showAugust 12th, 2011 - 12:19 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 11 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Today Show host Matt Lauer was made to recount his unfortunate encounter with a deer in 2009 when a bird perched right on top of his head during an interview. The scarlet ibis bird which is exotic in the United States flew around the studio before it settled on the head of Lauer.
The studio audience broke out in laughter at the sight as Lauer voiced the words “Oh No.” He allowed the animal to stay on his head while he carried out with his interview on the exotic animal segment of the show.
While the bird stood on his head, a member of the audience tried to feed it but Lauer told him to stop because the animal has fairly sharp beak. After the animal flew off, a closer look on the scalp of Lauer revealed that he had scratches from the claws of the animal.
In March of 2009, Lauer was riding his bicycle when he collided with a deer and dislocated his shoulder as a result of the accident.
Today Show producer Jim Bell announced then that, “A deer kind of came out of nowhere and in an effort to avoid hitting the deer, Matt slammed on the brakes and went flying. He separated his shoulder.”
- Meet Jack the parrot who scared off gang of thieves with savage attack - Sep 16, 2010
- Kanye West cancels performance at NBC's Today show - Nov 13, 2010
- Winter birds flock to Shivpuri (With Images) - Jan 04, 2012
- This Time Matt Lauer Angers Kanye West - Nov 12, 2010
- Kanye West's Media Trainer Abandons Him - Nov 14, 2010
- Kanye West Cancels 'Today Show' Due to Matt Lauer Interview - Nov 12, 2010
- 1,000 chicks chirp as storks visit Delhi zoo - Dec 07, 2011
- Coolers, sheds, mangos...beating summer blues at Delhi Zoo - May 09, 2012
- George W. Bush Responds To Kanye West's Racial Comment, Calls It Disgusting - Nov 04, 2010
- Matt Lauer: "We stand by Kanye West's interview" - Nov 12, 2010
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Putin compares opposition to weak birds - Sep 10, 2012
- A sex scandal from Bush's boozy days! - Nov 07, 2010
- Today is Matt Lauer's birthday - Dec 30, 2009
- Pong wetlands hosting over 100,000 feathered guests (Feb 2 is World Wetlands Day) - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: beak, bicycle, brakes, closer look, deer, exotic animal, exotic bird, jim bell, laughter, matt lauer, news today, scarlet ibis, scratches, segment, show host, studio audience, today show, unfortunate encounter, united states