Ex-wife uses kids to get to Michael Jackson’s moneyJuly 9th, 2009 - 9:57 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Michael Jackson is dead; what he has left behind is a huge fortune and three kids. Now that Jackson is no-more; the power game to get a piece of his empire has kicked off and the pawns are his kids.
As the 500 million dollar empire of King of Pop lies mainly with his underage kids, the battle for their custody is sure to ensue. The latest we hear is Jackson’s ex-wife Debbie Rowe; who is the biological mother of his two children Prince Michael I, 12, and Paris Katherine, 11; has decided to fight the custody battle for the kids.
Debbie will be contesting Jackson’s mother Katherine Jackson for the custody of her two children, currently Katherine is the temporary guardian till the court decides otherwise on July 13.
But it seems that it would be hard for Debbie Rowe to convince the Judge as back in 2003, Debbie confessed in a magazine she “never’ wanted to be a mother.
Rowe whose babies were born through artificial insemination said in an interview, “Parenting is an art; you earn the title,” Rowe, who is now 50, added, “Because you give birth and impregnate someone does not automatically give you the title of mother or father – you earn the title.”
Debbie went on, “My kids don’t call me mom because I don’t want them to. They are Michael’s children. It’s not that they’re not my children, but I had them because I wanted him to be a father.”
“I didn’t do it to be a mother. Like I said, you earn the title.”
Debbie Rowe and Jackson divorced in 1999 after three years of marriage and she gave up her parental rights in exchange of a bulging bank account.
Now that Michael is dead leaving millions in the bank for his kids, Debbie will sure regret that interview as it leaves a big question on her parenting skills.
- MJ's ex-wife looking after his children - Jun 28, 2010
- 'First meeting with Debbie Rowe was special', says MJ's mum - Jun 28, 2010
- Sexless Jackson not father of children Prince and Paris - Jun 29, 2009
- With whom will Jackson's kids stay? - Aug 04, 2009
- Debbie Rowe 'never' wanted to be a mother - Jul 09, 2009
- Mother of Jackson's two elder kids may fight for custody (Lead) - Jul 02, 2009
- Jacko's ex-wife wants full custody of kids - Jun 27, 2009
- 'Jackson kids don't think Debbie Rowe is their mother' - Jul 04, 2009
- Diana Ross to sign off the custody of Michael Jackson's kids - Aug 01, 2012
- Deal over MJ kids' custody will be struck within days, says pal - Jul 19, 2009
- Happy to be with kids: Katherine - Aug 04, 2009
- MJ's ex-dermatologist makes surprise objection to custody award - Aug 04, 2009
- MJ's kids have a chance to be normal, says Lionel Richie - Aug 30, 2010
- Who will get Jacko's estate? - Jun 27, 2009
- MJ supported dad Joe, claim new legal documents - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: artificial insemination, babies, biological mother, custody battle, debbie rowe, dollar empire, katherine jackson, king of pop, left behind, michael jackson, mother katherine, parental rights, parenting skills, pawns, power game, prince michael, temporary guardian, three kids, underage kids, wife debbie