Ex-boyfriend of Cowell’s girl says he can’t compete with the music mogulAugust 2nd, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 2 (ANI): The ex-boyfriend of Simon Cowell’s girl has revealed that he never really stood a chance with her after the music mogul came on the scene.
Alejandro Saavedra, 31, who lost his lover Mezhgan Hussainy, 36, to Cowell, 49, said that he just could not compete with the multi-millionaire.
“I never stood a chance really,” the Mirror quoted him as saying.
“He’s a world famous celebrity worth a fortune. I just can’t compete,” he said.
Nursing an aching heart and bruised pride, he believes it is no surprise Cowell “really turned Mezhgan’s head” as she worked as a make-up artist on American Idol.
The web design company chief has left the home he shared with Hussainy in Los Angeles for a bachelor pad.
“Alejandro and Mezhgan were blissfully in love and were a rock solid couple,” a source said.
“They set up home together in an exclusive LA neighbourhood in Sherman Oaks.
“He is a really good all-round guy and has absolutely no airs and graces.
“He’s not too into the whole showbiz scene though loved that Mezhgan was passionate about her work and fully supported her career.
“But when she started working with Simon, Alejandro immediately sensed trouble.
“She raved about how great he was and what an amazing charismatic man he is. Nothing untoward happened while Alejandro and Mezhgan were together but he joked, ‘How can I compete with a multimillionaire superstar?’
“After the split he realised he never stood a chance. He and Mezhgan still speak and there are no hard feelings. He wishes them both well,” the source added.
Cowell and Afghan-born Hussainy, who met on the set of American Idol, are said to share a “unique” friendship, though sources close to the TV judge insist he is still officially single and wants to play the field. (ANI)
- Simon Cowell's girlfriend's ex wants her back - Feb 18, 2010
- Four weddings for Simon Cowell - Apr 20, 2010
- Simon Cowell's girlfriend wants kids - Oct 27, 2010
- No Christmas party for Simon Cowell - Dec 17, 2011
- Simon Cowell engaged to girlfriend Mezhgan Hussainy? - Feb 17, 2010
- Simon Cowell to convert to Islam to marry girlfriend? - Mar 17, 2010
- Simon Cowell calls off engagement? - Sep 19, 2011
- Simon Cowell still pays his ex-girlfriends - Sep 26, 2011
- No one wants to marry me: Cowell - Jul 07, 2012
- Cowell, Hussainy still going strong - Dec 23, 2010
- Cowell hopes for the best in 2012 - Jan 03, 2012
- Mezhgan Hussainy too nice for Simon Cowell, says Louis Walsh - May 12, 2010
- Simon Cowell is not gay, says Louis Walsh - Oct 22, 2010
- Simon Cowell's fiancée hopes to inspire Afghan girls with her book - Jun 20, 2010
- Simon Cowell's fiance to write autobiography - May 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,