Ewan McGregor flies to Iraq to honour female bomb disposal expertNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:50 am ICT by admin
“Most people, and I’m one of them, would run a million miles from a bomb, it’s like, ‘Get me away from here’, but Michelle actually walks towards them and makes them safe. Amazing,” the Daily Express quoted him, as saying.
“When I was told about her, and was asked to go and present the award to her in Iraq, I said yes because I really wanted to meet her and show my support,” he said.
McGregor said that he would never have had the courage to do her job.
Staff Sgt Cunningham, 32, from Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, has won the acclaim after she put out a fire single-handedly at an explosives factory in Middle Wallop, Hampshire, last year.
Since nobody wanted to go inside the building fearing their lives, she with two fire extinguishers managed to control the flames and secure hundreds of explosives.
The Army has nominated her for a ‘Pride of Britain Award’ recognising her “displaying complete disregard for her personal safety” in tackling the fire. (ANI)
- Ewan McGregor still in love with Princess Leia from Star Wars - May 22, 2010
- McGregor supports Unicef campaign - Apr 03, 2011
- McGregor to take part in charity yacht race - Aug 08, 2011
- McGregor replaces Depp in Don Quixote movie - May 19, 2010
- Robert Pattinson named Britain's 'best-dressed man' - Sep 29, 2010
- 'Star Wars' team celebrates 30th anniversary of 'The Empire Strikes Back' - May 21, 2010
- McGregor's 'The Pillow Book' embarrassment - Oct 10, 2011
- McGregor hates comic book movies - Mar 10, 2012
- Jim Carrey says Ewan McGregor is a great kisser - Dec 01, 2010
- Mcgregor wants a break for family time - Jan 23, 2012
- Ewan McGregor says Los Angeles is better than London - Aug 02, 2010
- Ewan McGregor's movie halted over 'death threat' - Dec 25, 2010
- Ewan McGregor replaces Johnny Depp in Don Quixote film - May 19, 2010
- McGregor not in Madonna's movie - Mar 25, 2010
- Polanski's 'The Ghost Writer' wins best film at European Film Awards - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: applaud, bomb disposal expert, courage, daily express, disregard, ewan mcgregor, explosives, fire extinguishers, iraq, middle wallop, million miles, personal safety, pride of britain, said mcgregor, staff sgt, star wars actor, tewkesbury