Ewan McGregor brands Britain a ‘ludicrous nanny state’November 14th, 2007 - 2:43 am ICT by admin
He said that trip made him realise how crazy rules in Britain are.
“Our trip opened my eyes to how insane the rules are in Britain - CCTV cameras everywhere, congestion charge - a ludicrous nanny state,” Scotsman quoted him, as saying.
“If anything drives me out of the country it will be that - not tax, I don’t earn enough,” he added.
The trip from John o’ Groats to Cape Agulhas at the tip of South Africa shot for BBC’s Long Way Down.
McGregor also said he was moved by the generosity of the people he met in Africa.
“The most generous are often those who have least,” he said. (ANI)
- Ewan McGregor plans to take his pooch on next bike trip! - Feb 16, 2010
- McGregor to take dog on motorcycle trip! - Feb 16, 2010
- Princes William, Harry planning second motorcycle trip abroad - Jul 13, 2009
- 'Star Wars' team celebrates 30th anniversary of 'The Empire Strikes Back' - May 21, 2010
- Robert Pattinson named Britain's 'best-dressed man' - Sep 29, 2010
- McGregor to take part in charity yacht race - Aug 08, 2011
- McGregor replaces Depp in Don Quixote movie - May 19, 2010
- McGregor's 'The Pillow Book' embarrassment - Oct 10, 2011
- McGregor not in Madonna's movie - Mar 25, 2010
- McGregor supports Unicef campaign - Apr 03, 2011
- Ewan McGregor still in love with Princess Leia from Star Wars - May 22, 2010
- Ewan McGregor says Los Angeles is better than London - Aug 02, 2010
- Ewan McGregor's movie halted over 'death threat' - Dec 25, 2010
- Carrey, Mcgregor gets French honour - Feb 03, 2010
- McGregor hates comic book movies - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: bbc, best friend, cctv cameras, charley boorman, congestion charge, ewan mcgregor, friend charley, generosity, have just finished, john o groats, ludicrous, motorbike, nanny state, opened my eyes, realise, scotsman, south africa