Every actor has his own place, says Amitabh BachchanSeptember 1st, 2012 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 1 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who was voted best actor in a recent poll, doesn’t agree with the results as he feels every actor has his own place in Bollywood and it would be unfair to rank them.
“I want to know who does these polls? They have no truth in them. All actors have their own places in the industry. To choose one over the other is not fair,” Amitabh told reporters at an event of Parikrama Humanity Foundation here Saturday.
The 69-year-old says he wouldn’t want people to follow him, but if that’s still the case, he would like them to follow him in his punctuality.
“I don’t think I have anything enough in me to be copied. The fact that I am getting love and affection from everyone is enough. But if you want me to say something, I would say that it should be my punctuality, which they should copy,” he said.
The veteran actor was present at a Mumbai hotel to lend his support to Parikrama Humanity Foundation’s new initiative, “Parikrama’s Jeanaration”.
The initiative will see 25 film stars of Bollywood as well as South cinema, donating their jeans. The funds raised from the campaign will be used for the education of poorest children in the best colleges.
While from Bollywood there are actors like Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Saif Ali Khan, Sonam Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor, the list of Southern stars includes Suriya, R. Madhavan and Dhanush.
Amitabh has been actively involved in social causes like Pulse Polio and Save The Tiger, but admits he doesn’t like to talk about it.
“I am associated with a lot of social causes, I believe in working towards it and not talking about it,” said the actor, who also donated his jeans for the NGO’s campaign.
- Suriya Pays A Homage To Raj Kapoor - Aug 26, 2010
- Dhanush's twisted 'Kolaveri di' especially for Big B - Dec 19, 2011
- Salman wants to re-visit Kashmir (Movie Snippets) - Apr 03, 2012
- Suriya pays tribute to Raj Kapoor with his film - Aug 27, 2010
- Dhanush, Mallika named hottest vegetarians - Jan 20, 2012
- I don't have to shout my allegiance: Amitabh Bachchan - Apr 08, 2011
- I have miles to go: Ranbir Kapoor (Interview) - Sep 20, 2010
- I don't miss John: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Aug 25, 2011
- Ram Charan Teja will let silence speak louder in 'Zanjeer' - Apr 14, 2012
- Salman Khan's wax figure coming to New York - Jul 28, 2012
- John doesn't like dancing at weddings! - Feb 01, 2012
- 'My name is Chang & I'm not a foreigner' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 23, 2011
- 'Kolaveri' crosses 4 mn mark, Big B hooked on to it - Nov 25, 2011
- We're having two weddings on two consecutive days: Ram Charan Teja - Jun 12, 2012
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, aishwarya rai, amitabh bachchan, best colleges, dhanush, film stars, kareena kapoor, mumbai hotel, priyanka chopra, pulse polio, punctuality, r madhavan, recent poll, saif ali khan, shahid kapoor, sonam kapoor, south cinema, southern stars, suriya, veteran actor