Evans takes therapy help to cope with fameJuly 29th, 2011 - 10:38 am ICT by IANS
London, July 29 (IANS) Actor Chris Evans gets therapy treatment which helps him get over his anxieties as he struggles to cope with the pressures of fame.
“I struggle with anxiety sometimes, especially when promoting films like this. Just the life of doing what I do, being in the public eye, it’s a stressful environment. So it’s good to go and talk about the things that cause your anxiety,” contactmusic.com quoted Evans as saying.
The 30-year-old, who bulked up his muscles for his role as the patriotic superhero in “Captain America: The First Avenger” says he finds it hard to talk about himself when promoting his movies.
“It’s very difficult for me to talk about myself. You feel strange, self-aware, very foolish. Your third eye clicks on, just to try and maintain a healthy sense of perspective and you think, ‘What am I doing here? I’m just making a movie, and people want all these things from me.’ It seems strange to have so much fuss over a film. I’m an incredibly private person,”he said.
- I didn't want to do 'Captain America': Evans - Jun 09, 2011
- I'm no marketing guru: Shah Rukh - Sep 26, 2011
- 'The Avengers'-Ups the bar for superhero franchisee (IANS Movie Preview) - Apr 28, 2012
- Scarlett gets diet tips from Jeremy - Mar 16, 2012
- Chris Evans losing hair, worries about superhero role - Jun 08, 2011
- Norton not keen on superhero roles - Aug 14, 2012
- It was challenging to do fight scenes: Johansson - Apr 13, 2012
- Brawn mania: Feast of superhero outings this summer - Jan 25, 2011
- 'RA.One' superhero is a family man, says SRK - Oct 14, 2011
- Ask me about work, not affairs: Ranbir - Sep 08, 2012
- For Chris Evans, comedies are like summer camps - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Captain America' - linear, predictable but fun (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 12, 2011
- Will Eva Longoria-Parker Be Seen In 'Avengers'? - Jul 28, 2010
- Radcliffe wants to play superhero - May 26, 2012
- I am extremely exhausted, tired: Shah Rukh - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: anxieties, anxiety, avenger, captain america, chris evans, fame, films, fuss, london, muscles, perspective, private person, public eye, stressful environment, superhero, therapy treatment, third eye