Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen MirrenApril 6th, 2011 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 6 (ANI): Oscar-winner Dame Helen Mirren has admitted that she had boxing champ Evander Holyfield to give her a little training on throwing a punch on the set of comedy ‘Arthur’.
Holyfield has a cameo in the remake and Mirren decided to ask the fighter to show her how to throw a punch.
“Evander Holyfield was my personal trainer on the set. He is such a gentleman, but he is the champ and he’s a big guy and quite scary, and he was very quiet on the set in the corner with his gang,” the Daily Star quoted Mirren as saying.
“So I went up to Evander and I said, ‘I’ve got to punch co-star Russell (Brand), would you show me how to do it please?’ He said, ‘Sure’. And he gave me a little training, so that was one of the highlights of the shoot for me - being taught how to punch by Evander Holyfield,” she added. (ANI)
- Russell Brand locks lips with Dame Helen Mirren - Mar 30, 2011
- I am going to have Russell Brand's underwear framed, jokes Helen Mirren - Jan 25, 2011
- Russell Brand eager to work with Dame Helen Mirren - Jun 10, 2010
- Russell Brand branded a dud over 'Arthur' remake - Apr 07, 2011
- I'll retire if I don't get fights: Holyfield - Sep 12, 2012
- Helen Mirren caught giving Russell Brand a bath on 'Arthur' set - Aug 11, 2010
- When Helen Mirren nabbed Russell Brand's underpants - Jun 24, 2010
- Helen Mirren scared of working with Russell Brand - Apr 14, 2011
- Russell Brand Goit Caught Laying Hands On Hellen Mirren's Innerwear - Oct 09, 2010
- Mike Tyson becomes a vegan - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Arthur' director intimidated by Helen Mirren - Apr 07, 2011
- Helen Mirren's action scenes set Willis, Malkovich's pulses racing - Oct 14, 2010
- Russell Brand shocked by Dame Helen Mirren's 'dirty' gags - Jan 04, 2011
- Russell Brand, Helen Mirren team up for 'Arthur' - Apr 24, 2010
- When Mirren caught Brand touching her innerwear - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: arthur, cameo, champ, co star, comedy, daily star, dame helen mirren, evander holyfield, gentleman, helen mirren, how to throw a punch, london, oscar winner, personal trainer, quiet on the set, russell brand