Eva Mendes would rather be considered funny than sexyJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 23 (ANI): It has been 10 years since ‘Training Day’ put Eva Mendes on the map. Since then, she has worked non-stop, dividing her time between action movies, cop dramas and comedies, and she is one of the most highly revered Latina actresses.
In a candid interview with the Daily Mail, Mendes talks about on being funny, her fascination with cemeteries and her childhood.
The Hollywood hottie has revealed that she always considered herself funny rather than being the sexiest woman.
“I’m always seeing myself described as the sexiest woman, and that’s all well and good. But I never read that I’m the funniest, and it enrages me, because I’m stupendously funny,” she said.
“Spend enough time with me and you’ll see that I’m a complete ham. I’m never more comfortable than when I’m sending myself up,” she added.
The 36-year-old Latina actress also revealed her fascination with cemeteries.
“I’ve always had a fascination with them. I don’t hang out at those places, but I do feel very peaceful walking through some ancient cemetery full of beautiful tombstones. Some of the ones we have in LA just don’t have that ancient quality about them. For a cemetery to touch me, it has to have history,” she said.
According to Mendes, the best advice she has ever received was to never look behind.
“That’s the best bit of advice I ever received, and it came from my athletics coach in high school. He made me realise that if I did glance behind me when running, even that millisecond of distraction could lose me the race. Since then I’ve lived my life never looking back,” she said.
The ‘Ghost Rider’ actress also said that her childhood was not that easy but was not the worst.
“I was the girl who everyone hated, because I’d always be first with my hand up in class. I was every mother’s dream. I loved doing my homework and helping out with the housework. The downside was that I became a victim of bullying. I was a gawky, skinny girl with big teeth and that made me an easy target,” she added. (ANI)
- Mendes, a Thai masseuse - May 11, 2012
- I never wanted fame: Lily Collins - Apr 10, 2012
- Mendes named as Reebok Easytone's ambassador - Mar 02, 2011
- Eva Mendes dreamt of becoming a nun - Sep 17, 2010
- I'm the disciplinarian: Jessica Alba - Mar 15, 2012
- I'm very strong person: Eva Longoria - Sep 07, 2011
- Eva Mendes wants to rule the world - Jan 25, 2011
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wants kids - Jul 31, 2012
- Pregnancy can't be planned, but won't mind adopting: JLo (Interview) - May 15, 2012
- Gomez won't change for love again - Aug 17, 2011
- Not-so-confident David Gandy - Oct 19, 2011
- No fashion tips for Lea Michele - Oct 05, 2011
- Eva Mendez named brand ambassador of Reebok EasyTone - Mar 02, 2011
- Lawrence's confesses she short-sells herself - Mar 14, 2012
- I was a shy teen: Biel - Dec 11, 2011
Tags: ancient cemetery, best bit, candid interview, cemeteries, comedies, daily mail, distraction, downside, eva mendes, fascination, ghost rider, hottie, housework, latina actress, london jan, millisecond, sexiest woman, skinny girl, tombstones, training day