Eva Longoria eyeing biopic on Mexican actressMay 20th, 2009 - 12:54 am ICT by IANS
London, May 19 (IANS) “Desperate Housewives” star Eva Longoria is planning to celebrate her Latina roots on the big screen, eyeing a biopic about the life of legendary Mexican film star Maria Felix.
Longoria admits she has always wanted to play Felix, who passed away in 2002 at the age of 88 and cites her Mexican genes as one of the major reasons why she is determined to land the role for herself, reports contactmusic.com.
“I’d love to adapt the story of Maria Felix. I think she’s the icon of Mexican cinema, and I would love to bring her story to life. I’m very proud of being Mexican-American, so I celebrate it as much as possible,” she said.
- Eva Longoria eyeing Mexican actress biopic - May 20, 2009
- Eva Longoria Parker eyes Maria Felix biopic - May 20, 2009
- Longoria Parker to star in Spanish film - Aug 21, 2009
- Every time I talk about my divorce, I want to cry: Eva Longoria - Mar 16, 2011
- Longoria evolved with 'Desperate Housewives' character - May 09, 2012
- Eva enjoying life after divorce - Mar 20, 2011
- Actress Lupe Ontiveros dies - Jul 28, 2012
- Eva Longoria Parker thought she was an "Aztec princess"! - Apr 04, 2010
- Dane Cook wants to take newly single Eva Longoria out for dinner - Nov 27, 2010
- `Without Men' features Eva Longoria in lesbian scene - Jul 29, 2011
- Eva Longoria Dozed Off During Date With Tony - Oct 12, 2010
- Eva Longoria fights for kids who work in farms - Jul 25, 2011
- Longoria shoots lesbian love scenes for new film - Jul 19, 2011
- Eva Longoria says that talk about divorce makes her sad - Mar 16, 2011
- Eva by Eva Longoria perfect formula to attract man - Oct 02, 2010