Etta James in pretty bad shape, says managerDecember 25th, 2011 - 4:41 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 25 (IANS) Veteran singer Etta James has been hospitalised after experiencing breathing problems.
The 73-year-old singer, who was recently told that her leukemia was incurable, had her family by her side at a southern California hospital, where she was taken earlier this week, reports contactmusic.com.
Lupe De Leon, who has been Etta’s manager for 30 years, said Etta was in “pretty bad shape”.
Etta was diagnosed with cancer and dementia earlier this year. She has been struggling with her health throughout the year and was admitted to a California hospital to deal with a form of blood poisoning caused by a urinary tract infection.
- Singer Etta James dies - Jan 21, 2012
- Etta James hospitalised - Dec 26, 2011
- Singer Etta James passes away - Jan 21, 2012
- Legendary blues singer Etta James dies at age 73 - Jan 21, 2012
- Singer Etta James rushed back to the hospital - Dec 23, 2011
- Singer Etta James hospitalized with blood poisoning - May 14, 2011
- Christina Aguilera suffers from a spray tan malfunction - Jan 31, 2012
- Amar Singh's medical reports paint grim picture - Sep 14, 2011
- Noted Brazilian architect hospitalized - May 04, 2012
- Baby Falak remains on ventilator, still critical - Feb 13, 2012
- Amar Singh gets interim bail till Sep 19 - Sep 15, 2011
- Prince Philip hospitalised, misses jubilee concert - Jun 05, 2012
- Cheryl Cole to be discharged from hospital soon - Jul 16, 2010
- Cranberry juice not effective against urinary tract infections: Study - Dec 09, 2010
- Bobby Brown's wife hospitalised - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: bad shape, blood poisoning, breathing problems, cancer, de leon, dec 25, dementia, etta james, Health Science, leukemia, london, southern california hospital, urinary tract infection, veteran singer