Estella Warren charged against four countsJune 10th, 2011 - 7:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, June 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) TMZ has reported that prosecutors have brought four charges against Planet of the Apes star Estella Warren. The Canadian actress couldn’t believe her luck earlier this week when it emerged that she has escaped a possible felony charge of trying to escape from lawful custody.
Her luck has changed because prosecutors have decided to bring all other charges against her. The actress has been given charges of driving under influence, resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer and hit and run. If she is found guilty of the charges, Estella could go to jail for at least two years.
The Law & Order star was arrested in May following suspicion that she was driving under influence. When the officers subjected the actress to sobriety test, she failed and was taken to the police custody. While she was waiting to be booked into the police records, Estella slipped out of the handcuffs and escaped through the backdoor of the police station. The officers however managed to re-arrest her later.
Prosecutors decided not to bring federal charges against the actress for trying to escape because she had not been booked in at the time that she tried to escape.
Estella will make her first appearance in court next week.
- Estella Warren won't be charged for felony escape - May 30, 2011
- Actress Estella Warren arrested in Los Angeles - May 25, 2011
- Rapper Flo Rida arrested for DUI - Jun 10, 2011
- Amanda Bynes in another car accident - May 07, 2012
- Simpson's father held for drunk driving - Aug 11, 2012
- Jaime Pressly charged with driving under the influence - Feb 02, 2011
- Rachel Oberlin sentenced - May 06, 2011
- No special treatment for Hilton, say police - Aug 31, 2010
- Bhanwari Devi case: Re-arrested suspect sent to 10-days custody - Jul 04, 2012
- Escaped criminal from Jammu caught in Delhi - Feb 07, 2011
- Runaway suspect in Bhanwari murder case re-arrested - Jul 02, 2012
- Brandi Glanville charged for her DUI offense - Dec 18, 2010
- Air passenger posts bail after being arrested for wearing saggy pants - Jun 18, 2011
- Amber Portwood, The Celebrity Of 'Teen Mom', Is Halted For Driving With A Suspended License - Dec 16, 2010
- Actress Tawny Kitaen arrested for Driving under the Influence - Sep 28, 2009
Tags: assaulting a police officer, backdoor, canadian actress, estella warren, federal charges, felony charge, first appearance, handcuffs, lawful custody, planet of the apes, police custody, police records, police station, prosecutors, resisting arrest, sobriety test, suspicion, tmz