Estefano relives shooting in a songJune 12th, 2012 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Miami, June 12 (IANS/EFE) Colombian singer-songwriter Estefano returns to the world of music with a number on his new disc to be released in September and in which he sings about the night when he was shot twice at his home in Miami.
The artist, whose real name is Fabio Alonso Salgado, told EFE in an interview in Miami that he is returning to the music industry with great joy and is “ready to go on with my life”.
The number is of that night May 25, 2007, when Brazilian Francisco S. Oliveira allegedly shot him.
Estefano survived the two bullets, one in the head and another close to the heart, but suffers facial paralysis.
Oliveira was acquitted in 2008 after the jury found a lack of sufficient evidence against him.
“It’s something that happened in my life, but I have to go forward with who I am - I’m a musician,” said the artist who won fame in the duo Donato & Estefano in the mid-1990s.
In the song, Estefano comments on his life, fame and fortune, quotes the Bible, recalls his arrival in Miami and sings about his “death and resurrection”.
A multiple-Grammy winner, Estefano has also composed hits for top artists like Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias.
- Singer Julieta Venegas to perform at Miami festival - Sep 08, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Mexican group's new album a hit - May 27, 2011
- Venezuelan singer grateful to Emilio Estefan - Nov 05, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- Nayer grateful to Pitbull for career boost - May 04, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Views of Madrid in Pitbull, Shakira music video - Aug 03, 2012
- Gianmarco releases new album - Jul 26, 2011
- Julio Iglesias wraps up Spain tour - Aug 14, 2012
- Gloria Estefan to appear on `Glee' - May 10, 2012
- Julio Iglesias Jr. to appear in Spanish version of `Grease' - Mar 27, 2012
- Teen music prodigy composes for top Latino artists - Dec 06, 2011
- Prince Royce says he's not letting fame go to his head - Feb 27, 2012
- Gloria Trevi admits to stage fright - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: alonso, close to the heart, colombian singer, death and resurrection, enrique iglesias, fabio alonso salgado, facial paralysis, fame and fortune, gloria estefan, grammy winner, great joy, marc anthony, mid 1990s, music industry, ricky, ricky martin, shakira, singer songwriter, two bullets, world of music