ESPN Correspondent Erin Andrews To Support Stronger Anti-Stalking LawsJuly 28th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 28, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The ESPN broadcaster Erin Andrews was in Washington on Tuesday. She arrived there to unveil an Anti Stalking bill by the Senate. The new law is expected to include electronic surveillance systems as well as other new technologies.
Andrews had been the victim of stalking herself and knows what they have to go through. She had been aghast when her nude photographs were posted on the Internet creating quite a sensation. The stalker had apparently caught her on camera by filming her through the keyhole of her hotel room.
Erin Andrews participated in the press conference and vowed to do everything to strengthen the anti-stalking laws. She was one of most avid sponsors of the bill, ‘Simplifying the Ambiguous Law, Keeping Everyone Reliably Safe (Stalkers) Act’.
The 32 year old ESPN employee who had also appeared in the ‘Dancing With The Stars’ said that she considered herself to be the human face of stalking. A victim of stalking does not feel safe anywhere, she stated adding that it was not at all easy to talk about such terrible experiences. However, she said that she knew she was just one of the large numbers of women who have to face this menace regularly.
The man who had stalked her had been penalized with two and a half years of jail sentence. Andrews felt that the laws on anti-stalking were far too lenient and imprisoning a person charged with stalking for such a small duration of time was certainly not enough.
She also assured the victims of help and reiterated that they should not be scared or embarrassed to ask for help if required.
- Erin Andrews Calls For Tougher Anti-Stalking Laws - Jul 28, 2010
- DWTS Update: Erin Andrews to continue on the show despite death threats - Apr 06, 2010
- Erin Andrews' Contract Might End With ESPN - Jun 26, 2010
- Erin Andrews' stalker sentenced to 30 months in jail - Mar 16, 2010
- Erin Andrews' Peephole Video Still A Rage? - May 18, 2010
- Erin Andrew's ESPN Contract About To End? - Jun 26, 2010
- Death Threats Compel DWTS to Strengthen Security Around The Victim, Erin Andrews - Apr 06, 2010
- Erin Andrews Peephole Video Leaked Again On Internet - Oct 23, 2010
- ESPN Reporter Erin Andrews Says She Is Still Jittery - Dec 17, 2009
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Releases An Apology To Erin Andrews - May 08, 2010
- Elizabeth Hasselbeck Apologizes To Erin Andrews - May 08, 2010
- Erin Andrews' stalker 'virtually penniless': Report - Jun 04, 2010
- ESPN seeking $300K as compensation from Erin Andrews stalker - May 12, 2010
- ESPN's Erin Andrews on stalker case: I've been humiliated - Dec 16, 2009
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Apologizes To Erin Andrews For Her Earlier Comments - May 06, 2010
Tags: anti stalking laws, broadcaster, correspondent, dancing with the stars, duration, electronic surveillance systems, erin andrews, espn, hotel room, human face, jail sentence, keyhole, large numbers, men at work, pen men, photographs, senate, sensation, stalker, two and a half years