Ernest Borgnine And Morgan Freeman In ‘Saturday Night Live’October 3rd, 2010 - 10:21 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Oct 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) This week’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ saw some big names making an appearance on the show. Ernest Borgnine and Morgan Freeman dropped by the set for the promotion of their latest film ‘RED’ but the sketch involving them created a bigger stir than their film. The episode was hosted by Bryan Cranston. Though the host of the ‘What’s Up With That’ segment interrupted the legendary actors in a hilarious way, it all ended in a rather nonsensical manner as the host began to dance around in his underwear.
It looks like the show creators have taken a liking to the hype that the political sketches have been generating over the week and this week too saw some seriously political jokes and sketches. Fred Armisen, coming fresh from the David Paterson saga of last week, this week took over as the US President Barack Obama. One of the highlights of this week was an apple juice commercial where Fred Armisen and Bryan Cranston appeared together and sang a ridiculous song.
Though the stars of ‘RED’ had little to say in the segment that they featured in, there was another star who had the audience talking. Controversy prone rapper Kanye West performed in the musical segment of the show and the audience were blown away by the ‘Power’ful performance. While many found the segment featuring Ernest Borgnine and Morgan Freeman hilarious, many bloggers felt that the show was a let down from last week’s episode. Last week ‘Saturday Night Live’ featured Katy Perry who came fresh from the ‘Sesame Street’ controversy.
- Ernest Borgnine features on Saturday Night Live - Oct 03, 2010
- Katy Perry Wears Elmo T-shirt On 'SNL' - Sep 27, 2010
- Bryan Cranston Shines In "Saturday Night Live" - Oct 04, 2010
- Governor David Paterson Appears On 'SNL', Criticizes Jokes On Disabled - Sep 26, 2010
- Katy Perry Makes Her 'SNL' Debut - Sep 26, 2010
- David Paterson Spiced Up Saturday Night Live - Sep 27, 2010
- Bryan Cranston hosted Saturday Night Live to a very tepid response - Oct 04, 2010
- Justin Bieber Joins Dana Carvey On "Saturday Night Live" - Feb 06, 2011
- Elton John's albums sales up after American Idol - Apr 07, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey Lends Her Voice In "Sesame Street" - Sep 22, 2010
- Joy Behar Turns 68, Celebrates Birthday On "The View" - Oct 08, 2010
- Ernest Borgnine Honored With SAG Lifetime Achievement Award - Jan 31, 2011
- Bruce Willis escapes unhurt in an escalator accident - Oct 06, 2010
- Bruce Willis escapes injury after escalator malfunction - Oct 06, 2010
- "Saturday Night Live" Hosts Jon Hamm, Rihanna - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: apple juice, barack obama, blown away, bryan cranston, controversy, creators, david paterson, ernest borgnine, fred armisen, hype, kanye west, kar, liking, morgan freeman, political jokes, ridiculous song, saturday night live, sesame street, sketch, sketches