Erin Andrews Files Lawsuit Against Hotels And Peephole StalkerJuly 16th, 2010 - 8:39 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Chicago, July 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Erin Andrews of the ESPN fame has filed a lawsuit in the Chicago courts against a chain of hotels for their negligence which led to the ESPN reporter be photographed naked in her hotel room. The lawsuit has been filed against the Marriott International Inc. and Radisson Hotels International Inc. Erin Andrews says in her lawsuit that it was the hotel’s authorities who knowingly revealed the room number of the reporter to the man who photographed her and also provided him with a room adjacent to hers so that he may videotape her in the embarrassing position.
The lawsuit in the Chicago court cites invasion of privacy and infliction of emotional distress as the reasons for which the hotel chains should be held guilty before the law. Michael David Barrett was accused of occupying rooms adjacent to that of Erin Andrews in the year 2008 and shooting her naked videos from peepholes which had been tampered with. A Los Angeles court had previously put Michael David Barrett behind bars for more than two years for allegedly shooting objectionable videotapes of Erin Andrews.
In a statement released to the media after filing her lawsuit, Erin Andrews says that the impact that the video had on her and her family’s life can never be erased, but the lawsuit is her own way of seeking justice. She hopes that the courts take proper steps to ensure that all hotels further protect the interests and privacy of their boarders from now on. The hotel authorities declined commenting on the lawsuit.
- Erin Andrews Peephole Video Leaked Again On Internet - Oct 23, 2010
- Erin Andrews' Peephole Video Resurfaces - Oct 25, 2010
- Erin Andrews' Peephole Video Still A Rage? - May 18, 2010
- The Stalker Of Erin Andrews Confesses His Crime - Dec 11, 2009
- Michael David Barrett Put Behind Bars For 30 Months - Mar 16, 2010
- Erin Andrews' stalker sentenced to 30 months in jail - Mar 16, 2010
- Erin Andrews stalker Michael David Barrett might get bail - Oct 05, 2009
- Erin Andrews To Continue With "Dancing With The Stars" Despite Death Threats - Apr 04, 2010
- Erin Andrews: Stalker Gets 2.5 Year Sentence;Video Most Searched - Mar 16, 2010
- Erin Andrews Peephole Video Suspect Produced In Court - Oct 04, 2009
- Man arrested in ESPN sportscaster nude video case - Oct 03, 2009
- Michael David Barrett Arrested In Erin Andrew's Video Case - Oct 03, 2009
- US sports reporter to move the court over naked Internet video - Jul 27, 2009
- Erin Andrews case: Cops demand 'Hot Blonde Out of Shower' video from Yahoo - Dec 05, 2009
- Erin Andrews Calls For Tougher Anti-Stalking Laws - Jul 28, 2010
Tags: authorities, boarders, david barrett, erin andrews, espn, gina gomez, hotel chains, hotel room, infliction of emotional distress, invasion of privacy, marriott, marriott international, marriott international inc, negligence, peepholes, proper steps, radisson hotels, seeking justice, stalker, videotapes