Enrique Iglesias wraps up worldwide tourNovember 6th, 2011 - 12:18 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Nov 6 (IANS/EFE) Enrique Iglesias set off a real frenzy among fans at his concert in Madison Square Garden in New York as he wrapped up his worldwide “Euphoria” tour.
Iglesias didn’t do it all by himself since Cuban-American rapper Pitbull, who accompanied him on his tour of Europe and the US, opened the concert and time after time left the arena’s capacity audience wanting more and kept them on their feet dancing to songs like “Bon Bon”, “Hotel Room”, “Calle 8″ and “Rain Over Me”.
Iglesias was the second singer and the first Latino to put on a show at The Garden since the world-famous arena reopened its doors following an extensive renovation.
“It’s been incredible, I can’t complain about this tour at all,” “Euphoria” has been a spectacular success, the singer told the press about the tour.
“Euphoria”, which shares the name of his latest album, reached the US after performing in Spain, France, Britain and Australia.
“My Latino fans in the United States are the most loyal I’ve ever seen, they’ve been with me in good times and bad and you can’t ask more than that - it’s been spectacular,” he said.
Iglesias, with his trade-mark cap, jeans and T-shirt, started off with “Tonight (I’m Loving You)”, in a concert blending songs in English and Spanish, and accompanied on the “Dirty Dancer” number by a big-screen video of singers Lil Wayne and Usher.
“How many of you speak Spanish?” he asked, and went on to sing “No Me Digas que No” (Don’t Tell Me No) in a performance during which he never stopped racing from one side of the gigantic stage to the other, squeezing the hands of front-row fans and even jumping over the metal barrier separating him from the audience to greet them up close and personal.
The electrifying concert, with its top-flight musicians, great sound equipment and cutting-edge lighting technology, ended with Iglesias and Pitbull doing a duet of the hit “I Like It”, after which the audience remained standing, not going anywhere, wanting still more from their idol.
“Euphoria” ended as one of the most lucrative tours in the US during the last week of October - in fifth place - taking in an average of $803,654 per city.
Following his successful tour, the artist now hopes to return to the recording studios and doesn’t rule out working once more with Jennifer Lopez.
- Enrique Iglesias launches world tour in Puerto Rico - Jan 31, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Nayer grateful to Pitbull for career boost - May 04, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias to appear on Facebook game - Oct 01, 2011
- Julio Iglesias wraps up Spain tour - Aug 14, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias returns to Madrid after 12 years - May 03, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Mexican singer Luis Miguel wraps up Spanish tour - May 13, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine styles - Aug 18, 2012
- I was a bad singer when I started out: Julio Iglesias - Oct 10, 2011
- Views of Madrid in Pitbull, Shakira music video - Aug 03, 2012
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: capacity audience, cuban american, dancer number, dirty dancer, edge lighting, efe, enrique iglesias, euphoria tour, flight musicians, frenzy, latino fans, lighting technology, lil wayne, madison square garden, rapper pitbull, spectacular success, time after time, top flight, tour of europe, worldwide tour