Enrique Iglesias to appear on Facebook gameOctober 1st, 2011 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Oct 1 (IANS/EFE) Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias will appear on CityVille, the popular game on the social networking site Facebook, as a way of publicising the artist’s current tour introducing his new album “Euphoria!”, technology company Zynga said in a communique.
The game, which every month attracts 69 million players, starting Tuesday will feature an avatar of the Spanish artist who will reveal some of the activities and hobbies that form part of Iglesias’ real lifestyle.
Players can also build a virtual Euphoria Arena of the Spaniard’s tour in their city, whose final reward is to unlock a preview of the artist’s new music video “I Like How It Feels”.
“I love finding new and cool ways to connect with my fans,” said Iglesias. “Bringing my Euphoria Tour to Zynga’s CityVille not only helps me celebrate my tour with a massive global audience, but also gives fans who can’t make it to see me live, a way to be part of the Euphoria experience.”
“We’re committed to continuing to bring players new reasons to play the games they love,” Scott Koenigsberg, Zynga’s director of business strategy for CityVille, said, adding that “through this partnership with Enrique, we’re bringing his Euphoria Tour to CityVille and giving fans and players a fun and playful way to connect with the artist by celebrating his lifestyle and hobbies - think Miami, speedboats, and airplanes”.
The game featuring the Spanish star’s avatar will be available up to Oct 10.
This is the first appearance of an artist on the game, though the Zynga company had a previous association with Lady Gaga for the FarmVille game, on which players could unlock songs exclusive to the disc “Born This Way”.
- Now play with Enrique Iglesias online - Sep 30, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine styles - Aug 18, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias wraps up worldwide tour - Nov 06, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias launches world tour in Puerto Rico - Jan 31, 2011
- Madrid calling Iglesias - Mar 13, 2012
- Julio Iglesias wraps up Spain tour - Aug 14, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias retakes Billboard 'dance king' crown - Aug 14, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias returns to Madrid after 12 years - May 03, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Nayer grateful to Pitbull for career boost - May 04, 2012
- Lady Gaga wants Farmville makers to premiere her tracks - May 12, 2011
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
- I was a bad singer when I started out: Julio Iglesias - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: airplanes, avatar, business strategy, efe, enrique iglesias, euphoria tour, facebook, first appearance, global audience, koenigsberg, lady gaga, lifestyle players, new album, social networking site, spaniard, spanish artist, spanish singer, spanish star, speedboats, technology company