Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine stylesAugust 18th, 2012 - 11:00 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 18 (IANS/EFE) Enrique Iglesias and Jennifer Lopez had thousands dancing to their repertoire of hits in Los Angeles, one of the last cities on their summer concert tour.
More natural, more intimate and faithful to his improvised style, the Spanish singer brought several of his fans onstage and even kissed one girl on the mouth as the music of “Hero” was playing, before stepping aside to let the New York-born JLo take the spotlight.
Lopez put on a choreographed show full of visual effects, muscular male dancers and countless costume changes in which she went from less to more, finally bringing everyone to their feet with a festive finale together with the reggaeton duo Wisin & Yandel singing “Follow the Leader”.
Two very different styles which, Iglesias believes, “is what makes the tour so interesting”, as he told reporters before the concert.
“When you mix things in an unexpected way is when you create this magic,” the Spaniard said.
This was Enrique Iglesias’ third trip to Los Angeles with his disc “Euphoria” and he sang such numbers as “Tonight”, “I Like How It Feels”, “I Like It” and “Bailamos” (We Dance), while Jennifer Lopez did a review of her all-time hits, from her first album with “If You Have My Love” to the greatest of her latest like “On the Floor”.
Lopez exuded energy and at one point even hurt her knee, not badly though it did bleed a little, but nothing could stop her from going on with the show with songs ranging from “Jenny From The Block” to “Let’s Get Loud”, the latter in a mock-up of a Caribbean cabaret called Babalu.
The almost three-hour concert had the Mexican Frankie J. as supporting artist while in the audience was Colombia’s Juanes, who shared a few minutes with Iglesias backstage after the curtain came down.
The tour hit the road in Montreal July 14 and will have its final concert Sep 2 in Orlando, Florida.
- Lopez, Iglesias preparing surprise for fans - May 10, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias returns to Madrid after 12 years - May 03, 2012
- Reggaeton duo include JLo in upcoming album - Mar 07, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias wants to record with JLo - Jul 24, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias launches world tour in Puerto Rico - Jan 31, 2011
- Lopez, Iglesias to tour together - May 02, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez says being a mom comes first - May 07, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias says his career is going full blast - Aug 27, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias retakes Billboard 'dance king' crown - Aug 14, 2011
- JLo plans concert film - Aug 21, 2012
- Nayer grateful to Pitbull for career boost - May 04, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Lopez, Smart on verge of break up? - Aug 05, 2012
- Don Omar, Prince Royce big winners at Billboard Latin awards - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: cabaret, costume changes, different styles, efe, enrique iglesias, euphoria, festive finale, jennifer lopez, jenny from the block, jlo, juanes, july 14, male dancers, orlando florida, spaniard, spanish singer, summer concert tour, time hits, visual effects, yandel