English actress, Lynn Redgrave dies at 67May 4th, 2010 - 9:14 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
May 4, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Lynn Redgrave, member of popular British Redgrave kin died on Sunday night after a long battle with breast cancer. Rick Miramontez, her publicist told media that her children were with her and she died peacefully at her home in Connecticut.
In a statement, her children said that their mother created endless memories as a mother, grandmother, writer, actor and friend. She will remain with us for the rest of their lives.
Redgrave trained in London, before making her theatrical debut in 1962. She appeared in several films, including Tom Jones and Georgy Girl which won her a New York Film Critics Award and nominations for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award. She made a return to films in the late 1990s with Shine and Gods and Monsters, for which she received another Academy Award nomination.
Her Broadway debut was made in 1967 and she performed in several stage productions in New York since. She performed with her sister Vanessa in Three Sisters in London, and in the title role in a television production of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Redgrave married and professionally partnered actor and director John Clark in 1967. Together they had three children, Benjamin, Kelly and Annabel Lucy Clark The marriage ended in divorce in December 2000.
- Kritika Shekhar / Sampurn Wire
- Vanessa Redgrave's sister Lynn dies at age 67 - May 04, 2010
- Actress Lynn Redgrave dies - May 03, 2010
- 'Georgy Girl' Lynn Redgrave passes away at 67 - May 04, 2010
- Lynn Redgrave Dies After Seven Years Of Cancer Battle - May 04, 2010
- Elton John's heart-warming gift to Vanessa Redgrave - May 15, 2010
- Writer Nora Ephron passes away - Jun 27, 2012
- Julianne Moore’s ‘Far From Heaven’ To Be Revamped Into A Stage Musical! - Jan 10, 2011
- British actress Susannah York dies aged 72 - Jan 16, 2011
- Vanessa Redgrave set to receive Bafta Fellowship - Feb 12, 2010
- Irish Actress Saoirse Ronan Enters 'The Hobbit' Cast - Jan 29, 2011
- Actor Ben Gazzara dies in US - Feb 05, 2012
- American Artists Communicate Their Support For The Israeli Actors, Who Refused To Perform In The Occupied West Bank - Sep 06, 2010
- Arthur Penn, Noted Filmmaker Passes Away At 88 - Sep 30, 2010
- Actress Susanne Lothar dies - Jul 26, 2012
- Kangana Ranaut out of Deepa Mehta's 'Midnight's Children' - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: academy award nomination, annabel, breast cancer, broadway debut, endless memories, english actress, gods and monsters, golden globe award, kritika, lucy clark, lynn redgrave, new york film, new york film critics, new york film critics award, sister vanessa, stage productions, television production, theatrical debut, three sisters, whatever happened to baby jane