Ending ‘Kyunkii…’: Balaji charges STAR with breach of contractOctober 20th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) Television serial production company Balaji Telefilms has accused the STAR group of breach of contract after being told to end the long-running serial “Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” on the STAR Plus channel.“The company is of the view that the termination is in breach of contractual obligations owed by the STAR Group to the company and is pursuing all legal remedies available to it in relation to the same,” Balaji said in a regulatory statement Monday.
It said that SGL Entertainment Ltd, part of the STAR group that operates the Hindi general entertainment channel STAR Plus, had issued a notice terminating “Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” from Nov 10.
Balaji has been producing the serial since 2000. It has reigned for a long time on the top of television rating lists.
“Kyunkii…” is one of six programmes it produces for the STAR Group.
Balaji also has three other programmes running on 9X and Zee TV, while two more will be launched on NDTV Imagine this quarter.
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- Sequel fever hits small screen - Feb 26, 2011
- Ay, ay, Ekta bitten by numerology bug again - Jun 01, 2010
- It’s A Baby Girl For Ritu Chaudhary Seth! - Jan 03, 2011
- Multi-shaded characters excite Aman Verma - Jul 17, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor's media school to open in capital - May 28, 2012
- Playing historical character is not easy: Achint Kaur - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi'- end of an era - Nov 04, 2008
- Vibha Anand quits 'Balika Vadhu' - Dec 29, 2010
- Item numbers spicing up small screen too! - Jan 09, 2011
- Acting was no longer a challenge: Prashant Bhatt - May 17, 2012
- Aman to play negative role in 'Chhoti Bahu' (With Images) - Dec 23, 2011
- TV going through tough time: Sandeep Baswana - Nov 01, 2011
- TV entertainment: Are new channels threatening old players? - Oct 23, 2008
- Men have nothing to do on Indian TV: Aman Verma - Nov 05, 2010