Emraan gets his first ‘U’ certified film, thanks kidsApril 30th, 2012 - 3:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 30 (IANS) Actor Emraan Hashmi, known for his serial kisser image, has revealed that he has signed his first ‘U’ certified film and gives credits to children for doing it.
“There is an untitled, Universal film, it would be my first ‘U’ certified film,” said Emraan.
“Actually, I was shooting in Jaipur three-four years back and some children told me that we watch your songs, but our parents don’t allow us to see your films. So I said, one day when I get a good script, I’ll definitely make a film for you all.”
“Fortunately, I have got such a script. It is still in the pre-production stage and it has not been announced yet, but it is for universal audience,” he added.
The 33-year-old was speaking Sunday at a promotional event for his upcoming film “Jannat 2″.
Emraan, who was last seen in “The Dirty Picture,” says that he values audience opinion more than the critics.
“There is an adulation that you get from audience. I never really give too much importance to critics or any awards. So for me, audience’s acceptance is my yardstick for success,” said the actor.
Directed by Kunal Deshmukh, “Jannat 2″ is set for a May 4 release. It also marks the debut of model Esha Gupta in Bollywood. Emraan said even after nine years in filmdom, Fridays make him jittery.
“For me as an actor, as a performer, it’s a high, a positive sign for me that there is an adrenaline rush when the film releases Friday. I still wonder how the film is going to work, how will it be appreciated. This is fun, but scary too,” he said.
- Both commercial, serious films important for me: Emraan Hashmi - Sep 09, 2012
- Emraan not ready to give up his 'serial kisser' image - Sep 03, 2012
- Emraan open to item songs, says he'll do it differently - Jun 12, 2012
- Emraan wants action film with strong script - Mar 23, 2012
- Sick of being called serial kisser: Emraan Hashmi - Sep 21, 2012
- Emraan hopes 'Jannat 2' to be musical success - Mar 23, 2012
- Randeep sidelined from 'Jannat 2' promos - Apr 25, 2012
- I want riskier films: Emraan Hashmi - May 09, 2012
- Can't compare myself with Bipasha: Esha Gupta - Aug 08, 2012
- I've said goodbye to direction: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- Emraan ups his fees, says it won't burden filmmakers - Apr 12, 2012
- Liplock not bold anymore: Kunal Deshmukh - May 03, 2012
- Sequels are safe option: Mahesh Bhatt - Aug 10, 2012
- If kissing is a way to remember me, so be it: Emraan Hashmi (Interview) - Sep 06, 2011
- Emraan, Esha sizzle in 'Jannat 2', says director (Movie Snippets) - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: adrenaline rush, adulation, bollywood, debut, deshmukh, emraan hashmi, filmdom, films, fridays, gupta, nine years, parents, production stage, universal audience, universal film, upcoming film, yardstick