Employment News to be available as e-paper, SMS alertsJuly 17th, 2012 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) Soon, the government’s platform on job vacancies and training programmes would see a makeover with the weekly Employment News published by the information and broadcasting ministry being made available in an e-edition, with a brand new logo, and also as SMS alerts.
The ministry’s Department of Publications is working to get the e-paper of the Employment News ready by Aug 15, when it is scheduled to be launched. “It is part of the DPD’s redesigning efforts. The e-paper would be like a newspaper with a password and be more user-friendly,” said an official Tuesday.
Subscribers would also get SMS alerts on their mobiles as part of the outreach, the official informed.
E-Employment News is part of the projects envisaged during the 12th Five Year Plan (2012-17). The website would be modified to include job highlights and focus articles.
In another major initiative, the publications department is in talks with online bookstores like Infibeam and Flipkart for marketing their huge trove of books and publications. It is also seeking to widen its presence by seeking membership of other book publishing trade organizations like CAPEXIL, which is sponsored by the ministry of commerce & industry and looks after export promotion of Indian books and publications.
The department is also to go in for digitalization of Publications Division books for archival, reprint and e-book purposes.
The department’s Yojana, a monthly devoted to socio-economic issues, would also see an e-version available and the site would be developed for e-commerce, a statement said.
These are part of efforts by the department to reorient itself for better outreach, an official said.
- How Flipkart broke India's online shopping inertia - Dec 09, 2011
- 2012 will be game changer for Indian publishing (Comment) - Dec 22, 2011
- Specialised online stores hottest e-commerce start-ups: Survey - Jan 30, 2011
- Kalam's e-paper 'billion beats' now on Facebook - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian publishers should learn from young authors (Comment) - Oct 13, 2011
- Looking for books? Try online - Mar 27, 2011
- 9 percent growth in 12th plan realistic: Official - Oct 01, 2011
- New breakthrough may lead to low-cost, disposable e-readers - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Smart cities way forward to housing for all' - Aug 04, 2012
- SMS alerts on ration planned in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 11, 2011
- Now access 100,000 books with Pi, India's first e-reading device - Jan 28, 2010
- Jet Airways introduces mobile ticketing - Jun 24, 2011
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Now, book and pay for Air India tickets from your mobile - Mar 20, 2012
- E-governance to wipe out touts in Tripura: Minister - Sep 15, 2011
Tags: book publishing, brand new logo, capexil, digitalization, dpd, e book, economic issues, employment news, export promotion, focus articles, indian books, infibeam, job vacancies, july 17, makeover, ministry of commerce, online bookstores, publications department, trade organizations, trove