Emma Watson tipped to be ‘Greenpeace’ global ambassadorApril 2nd, 2009 - 5:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 2 (ANI): ‘Harry Potter’ actress Emma Watson has reportedly been approached by environmental campaign group Greenpeace to become their global ambassador, after declared her love for clean environment.
The decision to make her the global ambassador at Greenpeace comes after she publicly declared: “I cannot not be green.”
The ‘Harry Potter’ actress is an apt choice, as she revealed that she is a very eco-friendly human being.
“I did my end of school project on global warming and Hurricane Katrina,” the Telegraph quoted Emma as saying.
“My car is electric, I recycle, I take public transportation, I try not to buy and drink bottled water. I’m not perfect, but it’s something I feel strongly about,” Emma added.
A spokesman for Greenpeace revealed that Watson would be “perfect” as an ambassador for the organization.
“Emma would be perfect for us. She’s posh, pretty, brainy and committed. She’s also not too star struck to care if it’s seen as vaguely controversial. She would really help,” the spokesman stated. (ANI)
- Emma Watson to Move to Brown University - Apr 14, 2009
- Workaholic Watson wants to have more fun - Oct 20, 2010
- Emma Watson Wants to Enjoy Her Life! - Oct 21, 2010
- Emma Watson owns 20 Bibles - Aug 25, 2012
- Garment making in Bangladesh an eye-opener, Watson says - Feb 26, 2011
- Emma Watson to launch 'green' fashion line - Mar 06, 2011
- Watson to launch fashion line in Prince Charles' garden - Aug 19, 2010
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- Emma Watson teams up with Alberta Ferretti to design clothes - Nov 14, 2010
- Emma not fashion conscious - Feb 02, 2012
- Justin Bieber has the hots for Emma Watson - Aug 20, 2010
- Emma Watson reveals that she can use a washing machine - Feb 24, 2012
- Too famous to be in public: Emma Watson - Aug 21, 2012
- Emma Watson admits dating George Craig - Jun 28, 2010
- Emma Watson is planning to go back to Brown University - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: actress emma, ambassador, apt choice, bottled water, campaign group, clean environment, emma watson, environmental campaign, global warming, greenpeace, harry potter, harry potter actress, hurricane katrina, london, love, public transportation, spokesman, telegraph