Emma Watson no more the face of BurberryAugust 7th, 2010 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 7 (IANS) “Harry Potter” actress Emma Watson has been replaced as the face of Burberry by model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
The actress has appeared in campaigns for the British fashion house since last year, but now model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will front ads for the label’s autumn and winter collections.
The decision to drop Emma, 20, has come as a surprise to many as Burberry’s sales were boosted throughout Emma’s stint.
“Emma was a huge success. Everyone expected her to be used again,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
The brand’s creative director Christopher Bailey has previously spoken of his admiration for Emma, saying she was the “perfect” person to advertise the fashion house’s latest campaigns.
“I love people like Emma Watson, who are always so excited by life. Our friendship is an organic thing. We had done a few things together and she regularly wore our clothes to events, so for me she was already a part of the Burberry family,” said Bailey.
- Rosie Huntington Replaces Emma Watson As Face Of Burberry - Aug 09, 2010
- Huntington-Whiteley bares for new Burberry ad - Jul 13, 2011
- Emma Watson no longer the face of Burberry - Aug 05, 2010
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is the new face of Victoria's Secret's biggest bra launch - Aug 06, 2010
- I was an Ugly Betty: Huntington-Whiteley - Nov 24, 2011
- Huntington-Whiteley obsessed with vintage lingerie - Aug 21, 2012
- Modelling requires lot of hard work: Huntington-Whiteley - Sep 09, 2011
- Emma Watson wants her own style - Feb 22, 2012
- I was asked to lose weight: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - May 29, 2011
- Emma Watson doesn't want her own perfume brand - Nov 27, 2010
- Huntington-Whiteley's protective boyfriend - Sep 03, 2012
- Huntington-Whiteley wanted to be fashion designer - Aug 31, 2012
- Huntington-Whiteley keen to work in next 'Sherlock Holmes'? - Feb 06, 2012
- Emma Watson to launch 'green' fashion line - Mar 06, 2011
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wants to go ugly - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: actress emma, admiration, autumn and winter, british fashion, burberry london, campaigns, christopher bailey, clothes, collections, creative director, emma watson, fashion house, friendship, harry potter, harry potter actress, huntington, perfect person, rosie huntington whiteley, s sales, stint