Emma Watson named Style Icon at Elle Style AwardsFebruary 15th, 2011 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 15 (ANI): Harry Potter star Emma Watson has been named as Style Icon at the Elle Style Awards at London’s Great Connaught Rooms.
Watson, 20, wore a nude mini dress with daring cutaway sides to the bash, and was presented Style Icon gong by designer Vivienne Westwood.
The young star said she was overwhelmed to be called a “style icon” and tried not to focus on having her style emulated by young girls.
“It feels amazing. Fashion is something that I love. I try not to think about it too much. I try and block all that off and I just do what I love and just have fun with it,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“I’ve definitely been feeling the pressure a bit more recently but it’s just fun for me,” she stated.
Elle editor Lorraine Candy praised Watson for her individuality.
“She’s got a very distinct individual look. We always say at Elle, ‘It’s not what you wear, it’s the way you wear it’, and she’s got such spirit, Emma. I think that makes her stylish,” she added. (ANI)
- Beckham first man to grace Elle magazine cover - May 31, 2012
- Vivienne Westwood thinks Kate Middleton needs to 'catch up with style' - Feb 22, 2011
- Christina Hendricks to model Westwood jewellery - Feb 14, 2011
- Gwen Stefani feels not being competent enough - Mar 30, 2011
- Emma Watson wants her own style - Feb 22, 2012
- Freida Pinto doesn't fear fashion police - May 25, 2012
- Westwood won't design Middleton's wedding dress - Feb 23, 2011
- Watson brings fresh spirit to Lancome: bosses - Mar 15, 2011
- Ronaldo's girlfriend Irina Shayk sizzles in new swimwear campaign - Apr 11, 2011
- Emma Watson Wants to Enjoy Her Life! - Oct 21, 2010
- Maria Sharapova opens up a candy business - Aug 21, 2012
- Watson can relate to Monroe - Nov 22, 2011
- Lara Stone gets Marilyn Monroe makeover for Comic Relief ad - Feb 03, 2011
- Emma Watson: Probable Lead In The Incarceron Film Adaptation - Jan 14, 2011
- Vanessa Hudgens is the new Candie's girl - Jan 28, 2011