Emma Thompson’s graphic prostitute role to highlight sex trafficking horrorsNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:01 am ICT by admin
The video depicts the unfortunate fate of an estimated 4,000 women and girls trafficked into the UK each year and forced into prostitution.
The video is an honest endeavor to pressure the Government into approving the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in human beings, which would protect victims.
The campaign is being backed by the Body Shop in honour of Dame Anita Roddick, who died last month.
The shop is working with the Helen Bamber Foundation, an organization which looks after survivors of genocide, torture, trafficking and rape.
“The horror of human trafficking is a subject that my mother and I discussed often over recent years, as it was an area close to my mother’s heart,” The Sun quoted Roddick’s daughter, Sam, as saying.
“There’s nothing that makes me happier than to see The Body Shop taking on this campaign,” she added.
The campaign will raise funds for the foundation by selling a set of six postcards of artworks illustrating the ‘journey’ of a trafficked woman.
Thompson and Sam Roddick are also expected to deliver a petition to the Government in November to take action against trafficking. (ANI)
- Body Shop to fight human trafficking in India (With Image) - Jun 29, 2011
- Rowling the best role model for working women - May 16, 2011
- UN presented petition against sex trafficking signed by 7 mn - Sep 29, 2011
- Prostitution racket busted in UAE - Jun 27, 2010
- Demi Moore's documentary on Nepal - Jun 23, 2011
- UN group honours Indian campaigner against sex trafficking - May 14, 2011
- International crime groups spreading 'trafficking of Chinese women' abroad - Jan 24, 2011
- Rise in trafficking of Chinese women - Jan 24, 2011
- Crusader against trafficking gets 'Man of the Year Award' - May 12, 2012
- Women detained for topless protest in Ukraine - Sep 27, 2011
- Parker, Sidibe join anti-sex trafficking campaign - Oct 23, 2010
- Actress joins fight against people trafficking - Aug 02, 2012
- Women put up for sale to stop female trafficking in Tel Aviv - Oct 22, 2010
- CBI sets up anti-human trafficking unit - Jan 04, 2012
- Ricky Martin Foundation trains people to fight human trafficking - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: artworks, council of europe, dame anita roddick, emma thompson, endeavor, genocide, helen bamber, highlight sex, human beings, human trafficking, plight, prostitute, sex trafficking, trafficked, unfortunate fate