Eminem’s reps deny his involvement in royalty suit against UniversalFebruary 26th, 2009 - 6:21 pm ICT by admin
London, February 26 (ANI): Rapper Eminem has denied being involved in a battle with his record label Universal over digital download royalties.
Representatives for the ‘The Without Me’ singer have said that he is “not party” to the lawsuit.
They were reacting to recent reports that Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, sued Universal bosses via his F.B.T. Productions company in 2007, challenging how much he is entitled to when his music was sold to third-party distributors, such as Apple’s iTunes downloading website.
Nearly two years after being filed in a California Court, the royalties suit went to trial on Tuesday.
Media reports have also described this move as one that may set a precedent for the music industry, as hundreds of millions of dollars is potentially at stake for other artists whose songs have been made available for the service.
Eminem’s representatives, however, have denied his involvement.
“Eminem is not a party to this lawsuit,” the Daily Express quoted a spokesperson for him as telling SOHH.com.
F.B.T Productions is a company with which Eminem worked in the early days of his career.
Issuing a statement, representatives for Universal have denied the allegations filed against them.
“The claims made by F.B.T Productions are completely baseless as a matter of fact and meritless as a matter of law, and we look forward to presenting our side in court,” they said. (ANI)
- US Supreme Court doesn't want to get involved in Eminem Royalty Suit - Mar 22, 2011
- Eminem takes Apple to court over iTunes case yet again - Oct 15, 2010
- 'Nikita' lawsuit meritless: Elton John - Apr 28, 2012
- Eminem denies reports that he is back with his wife - Feb 08, 2010
- Travolta in legal trouble over alleged gay encounters - Jun 23, 2012
- Eminem's publisher suing Apple over 93 songs download - Sep 23, 2009
- Eminem was a victim of bullying as a child - Oct 19, 2010
- Eminem, Apple download lawsuit settled - Oct 03, 2009
- Shoplifting is immoral but downloading music illegally is ok, say students - Apr 14, 2011
- Eminem dismisses baby reports - Feb 05, 2010
- Apple releases iTunes Match - Nov 15, 2011
- Music creators welcome copyright amendment, industry unhappy - May 22, 2012
- Eminem is workaholic, says Rapper Royce - Aug 15, 2012
- Beware: Ads in mobile apps fraught with security risk - Mar 20, 2012
- Lil Wayne "I Am Not A Human Being" Released Digitally - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: allegations, apple, california court, daily express, eminem, itunes, marshall mathers, matter of fact, matter of law, move as one, music industry, party distributors, rapper eminem, record label, royalties, royalty, spokesperson, stake, t productions, third party