Eminem wishes Cannon, Carey “the best” after sparking feud with songMay 20th, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 20 (ANI): American rapper Eminem has admitted that his derogatory new track mentioning Mariah Carey was a little harsh, and that even though it has sparked a war of words with Nick Cannon, he only wishes the couple “the best”.
The singer, real name Marshall Mathers III, sparked the feud with Cannon after he referred to his brief relationship with Carey in ‘Bagpipes From Baghdad’.
In the song, Eminem rapped: “Nick Cannon better back the f**k up. I’m not playing, I want her back, you punk. Nick Cannon, you pr**k, I wish you luck with that f**kin’ whore.”
After the song came out, Cannon accused Eminem of “racial bigotry”, and vowed that the rapper’s words will have “repercussions”.
But Eminem is adamant that he was not looking for a fight.
He has admitted that his words were “a little harsh”, and that Cannon’s reaction is fully understandable.
“As a kid (I had a crush on Carey), definitely. With the song ‘Bagpipes From Baghdad,’ there’s a line on there, I mean, I kinda spazed out (went crazy) on that record but I guess I spazed out on every record,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
“There’s a line on there that was a little harsh, you know, it’s a harsh line, it was pretty intense… but the way I look at it, I said it, I had no idea he was going to take it like he took it. I had no idea Nick Cannon was gonna start wildin’ out on me…
“I heard about some of the things he was saying, I didn’t read his blog or anything. …He’s supposed to defend his wife. I expected him to do that. But at the end of the day, it’s a line I said, I meant to say I wish them the best. That’s what I meant to say… I didn’t plan on taking it (to battling), hopefully it doesn’t, but you know, it is what it is,” he added. (ANI)
- Nick Cannon has no grudges against Eminem - May 25, 2009
- Nick Cannon accuses Eminem of 'racial bigotry' after Carey rap - May 11, 2009
- Mariah Carey hits back at 'sexing' Eminem in new single - Jun 17, 2009
- Nick Cannon threatens to slap rapper Eminem - Sep 23, 2010
- Eminem threatens to leak nude pics of Mariah Carey - Aug 01, 2009
- Eminem threatens Mariah Carey with nude snaps - Aug 01, 2009
- Mariah Carey, ex Eminem's war of words a 'publicity stunt' - Aug 15, 2009
- US Supreme Court doesn't want to get involved in Eminem Royalty Suit - Mar 22, 2011
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon renews vows - Apr 29, 2012
- Pregnancy is 'spiritual' for Mariah Carey, says hubby Nick Cannon - Aug 31, 2010
- Nick Cannon 'regrets naked photo shoot with pregnant wife Mariah Carey' - Apr 06, 2011
- Mariah Carey back to work - Jun 28, 2012
- Nick Cannon wants singing twins - Oct 22, 2011
- Eminem Takes A Shot At Adam Lambert In His New Song - Dec 04, 2009
- Nick Cannon suffers from autoimmune disease - Mar 03, 2012