Eminem compares his drug addiction to MJ’sNovember 19th, 2010 - 5:04 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 19 (ANI): Rap star Eminem has compared his prescription drug problem to Michael Jackson’s, confessing that he popped between 60-90 pills a day during the height of his addiction.
He claimed he built up such a tolerance to tranquilisers and prescription drugs he was taking them every few minutes just to stay “normal”.
The 38-year-old - real name Marshall Bruce Mathers III - said he was “f***** up every day” on his 2005 Anger Management tour.
“I was taking so many pills that I wasn’t even taking them to get high any more. I was taking them to get normal. In a day I could consume anywhere from 40 to 60 Valium. And Vicodin? Maybe 20, 30,” the Sun quoted Eminem as saying.
“My everyday regimen would be wake up and take an extra strength Vicodin - and it’d be Vicodin throughout the day.
“As the evening crept up I’d start with Valium. Every hour on the hour, I’d pop four or five more. The Ambien would put me over the top to go to sleep,” he said.
Jacko died aged 50 in June 2009 after an overdose of Propofol - meant to help him sleep.
“Towards the end I don’t think the s*** would put me to sleep more than two hours. It’s very similar to what I’ve read about Michael. I read he kept getting up in the night asking for more. That’s what I did,” Eminem told US magazine Rolling Stone.
He also claimed doctors said he was two hours from dying after a methadone overdose in December 2007 - admitting: “I’d done the equivalent of four bags of heroin.
“I knew I had to change my life. I was a terrible person.
He took help from pop pal Elton John to help him kick the habit.
He admitted Elton was his “sober coach”, adding: “He usually calls me once a week to check on me.”
The rapper “honestly” believes he will never use drugs again.
“This is the time in your life where you stop doing that stuff. Time to grow up,” he said. (ANI)
- Eminem says that usage of Ambien erased his memory for that duration - Oct 18, 2011
- Eminem can relate to Michael Jackson's death - Dec 04, 2009
- Eminem's memory loss woes - Oct 19, 2011
- Tests confirm MJ had lethal drug cocktail in his body - Jul 11, 2009
- 'X Factor' host Dermot O'Leary gets sky high with Posh - Oct 03, 2010
- Cliff Richards wants duet with Rihanna - Dec 24, 2011
- Sir Elton John was 'very close' to being killed by drugs - Dec 12, 2010
- Eminem is workaholic, says Rapper Royce - Aug 15, 2012
- Heath Ledger 'hated taking his pills' - Jul 07, 2010
- Tiger 'now in rehab for painkillers, sleeping pills' - Feb 26, 2010
- Corey Haim obtained more than 550 pills prior to his death - Apr 07, 2010
- Los Angeles County Coroner's Office: Corey Haim died of pneumonia - May 05, 2010
- Eminem forgot how to rap! - Sep 15, 2010
- When Eminem almost died - Jun 23, 2010
- Sleeping pills cause higher death risk - Feb 28, 2012
Tags: ambien, anger management, anger management tour, drug addiction, elton john, eminem, extra strength, heroin, marshall bruce mathers, marshall bruce mathers iii, methadone, prescription drug, prescription drugs, rap star eminem, regimen, rolling stone, terrible person, tranquilisers, valium, vicodin