Emily Blunt’s OCD fearsJune 21st, 2012 - 5:33 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 21 (IANS) Actress Emily Blunt, recently diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), says it is becoming an issue and she is worried about the future.
The 29-year-old has been fixating on trivial and repetitive behaviour since she was a child.
“It is very weird. It’s only happened in the past year. I have started getting very superstitious and fixating on things. I used to do it as a kid. I would get these obsessive moments where I would be in the car with my dad or something,” dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.
“It’s becoming an issue. I’m in the middle of the street and my dog is peeing on a tree and I am touching it,” she said.
Asked why the condition is worsening, Blunt said: “I don’t know. I think I’m just worrying lately about my friends and family. I’m lying awake, and getting older and realising how precious everything is; losing that slightly cavalier quality you have as a teenager when you say and do silly things.”
- Katy Perry suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder - Aug 05, 2010
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Early married life was rough: Heigl - Jun 13, 2010
- Germs good for my kids: Gwyneth Paltrow - Sep 12, 2012
- When Biel feared for life - Jul 29, 2012
- Jason Segel forced to lose weight - Apr 26, 2012
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011
- Early treatment can cure compulsive handwashing - Apr 04, 2011
- Emily still dreams of joining circus - Mar 16, 2012
- Madonna feared for kids lives - Oct 26, 2011
- Biel, Timberlake plan secret, private wedding - Aug 14, 2012
- Chloe is MaxMara's face of the future - Feb 27, 2012
- Emily Blunt makes kitchen messy - May 06, 2012
- OCD linked to common childhood illness - Oct 21, 2010