Emily Blunt wants to be gay iconJune 22nd, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 22 (ANI): English actress Emily Blunt says that she wants to be a gay icon.
The 26-year-old actress plays a woman caught up in a passionate lesbian love affair in her new movie ‘Sunshine Clearing’.
And the Devil Wears Prada star says that she is excited about reaching a new fan base.
“I’m going to become a gay icon. Have I ever flirted with that side? No, never, but I do remember girl crushes on other girls in your year group at school,” Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
“There are these girls who are magnetic and beautiful and so cool. You just feel yourself shrink in their presence.
“I absolutely remember how powerful 16-and-17-year-old girls can be. I look at them now - my little sister is 18 - and they do seem very grown up,” she added. (ANI)
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- Emily Blunt has a crush on Anthony Hopkins - Feb 11, 2010
- Emily Blunt obsessed with golf - Apr 05, 2012
- Emily Blunt named face of Opium fragrance - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Devil Wears Prada' taught me to run in heels: Hathaway - May 22, 2012
- Blunt embarrassed by Damon kiss - Feb 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Emily Blunt reveals her stuttering nightmare during childhood - Jun 09, 2010
- Airbrushing makes me look like Barbie, says Emily Blunt - Jul 30, 2010
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- Emily Blunt loves playing ukulele - Dec 08, 2009
- Vincent has a crush on Rihanna - Jul 12, 2012
- Hathaway finds it easy to make pals on sets - Mar 01, 2010
- Stanley Tucci is now planning a wedding with Felicity Blunt - Aug 09, 2012
- Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in 'The Adjustment Bureau' - Feb 27, 2011