Emily Blunt wanted to be a boyDecember 20th, 2010 - 12:48 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 19 (IANS) British actress Emily Blunt says she was “determined” to be a boy when she was younger and thinks it is funny she has been cast as a princess in two movies.The “Young Victoria” actress again plays a princess in her new movie “Gulliver’s Travels” and admits she finds it funny that she is cast in such regal roles because it is a far cry from her childhood ambitions, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“A princess again! I was never the girl who wanted to be a princess when I was young. I was determined to be a boy when I was younger. I was never a girly girl,” she said.
Blunt also revealed she used to “throw tantrums” if her parents made her dress in pink when she was younger.
“I wanted to be on the soccer team. I wasn’t into Barbie dolls and swore I’d never, ever wear pink. I’d throw tantrums if my mum put me in pink clothes. Not a girlie girl at all,” she said.
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- Emily Blunt feels 'uncomfortable' watching 3D movies - Dec 21, 2010
- Victoria Beckham does a fruitless nine-hour pram search - Apr 06, 2011
- ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ Movie Review: A Very Disappointing Journey - Dec 31, 2010
- Disney princes, princesses still slaves to some stereotypes - Apr 02, 2011
- ‘Gulliver’s Travels’ Movie Preview: Christmas Treat For Children - Dec 23, 2010
- Girls gang up on 'Pyaar Ka. Bandhan' sets - Dec 29, 2009
- 'Gulliver's Travels' - a hurriedly made parody (IANS Film Review; Rating:*1/2) - Jan 01, 2011
- Beyonce thought she would be 'retired by 30' - Mar 06, 2011
- I'm not a pink girl: Saldana - May 15, 2012
- Princess Beatrice wants 'Strictly Come Dancing' - Nov 14, 2011
- Emma Watson wants to be a strong role model - Jul 13, 2011
- Katrina Kaif ‘s Cinnabon Surprise - Nov 29, 2010
- Pooja Bose; Throwing Tantrums? - Jul 06, 2010
- Emily Blunt finds 3D uncomfortable - Dec 21, 2010