Emily Blunt turns down ‘explicit’ role opposite Russell BrandMay 18th, 2009 - 3:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 18 (ANI): Actress Emily Blunt has pulled out of a film in which she was paired opposite British comic Russell Brand, as the sex scenes between the duo were too explicit.
The ‘Devil Wears Prada’ star was to play Brand’s love interest in ‘Get Him To The Greek’, which is currently being filmed in Las Vegas.
However, according to Britain’s Mail on Sunday newspaper, the 26-year-old actress was scared that the intimate love scenes could tarnish her reputation and thus turned down the role.
“Emily provisionally agreed to play a sex-crazed pop singer who beds Brand’s character. But then she got cold feet and pulled out,” Contactmusic quoted a source as telling the publication.
The source added: “She’s no prude but the stumbling block was that her character had far too many explicit love scenes.” (ANI)
- Aniston loved playing a nymphomaniac - Jul 22, 2011
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- 'Devil Wears Prada' taught me to run in heels: Hathaway - May 22, 2012
- Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in 'The Adjustment Bureau' - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt to wed John Krasinski next month - Apr 15, 2010
- Emily Blunt loves playing ukulele - Dec 08, 2009
- Emily Blunt defends signing up big budget movies - Feb 08, 2010
- Stanley Tucci is now planning a wedding with Felicity Blunt - Aug 09, 2012
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- Emily Blunt ties the knot - Jul 11, 2010
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Blunt embarrassed by Damon kiss - Feb 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt named face of Opium fragrance - Sep 22, 2011
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011