Emily Blunt to play Queen in The Young VictoriaJune 14th, 2009 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 14 (ANI): Actress Emily Blunt is set to play the title character in the new movie The Young Victoria.
The Devil Wears Prada star said she was eager to alter the way people perceived Queen Victoria.
The 26-year-old revealed she was ready to challenge the usual perception of the royal as the elderly woman, dressed in black, with a hint of a moustache on her grim face while she claimed England’s imperial glory.
“I had mine waxed off for this one,’ The Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“What I’m most excited about is changing people’s perceptions about her by seeing her as a rebellious young girl who is in love and in a job in which she’s in way over her head,’ she added. (ANI)
- Airbrushing makes me look like Barbie, says Emily Blunt - Jul 30, 2010
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt picks up American accent for Hollywood roles - Jun 10, 2009
- Emily Blunt begged to land The Young Victoria role - Mar 03, 2009
- Stanley Tucci is now planning a wedding with Felicity Blunt - Aug 09, 2012
- Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in 'The Adjustment Bureau' - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt has a crush on Anthony Hopkins - Feb 11, 2010
- Wearing corsets for 'The Young...' was hell: Blunt - Mar 03, 2010
- Anne Hathaway voted 'Best Young Actress of Last Year' - Aug 06, 2009
- New film to feature Queen Victorias sexy image - Feb 27, 2009
- Hathaway finds it easy to make pals on sets - Mar 01, 2010
Tags: actress, daily telegraph, devil wears prada, elderly woman, england, grim face, imperial glory, job, june 14, love, melbourne, moustache, perception, perceptions, queen victoria, title character, young girl