Emily Blunt thanks teacher for curing stutterMarch 21st, 2009 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 21 (ANI): Hollywood actress Emily Blunt, who used to stutter as a kid, has expressed her gratitude to one of her teachers, who helped her overcome the problem.
The Devil Wears Prada actress revealed that it was her teacher who helped her overcome her stutter by urging her to take up acting classes to get rid of the stutter.
“I did have a bad stuttering problem as a child. I”d try to push the words out, but it was so frustrating. My parents took me to speech coaches and relaxation coaches, Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
“It didn”t work. Then one of my teachers at school had a brilliant idea and said, ”Why don”t you speak in an accent in our school play?” I distanced myself from me through this character, and it was so freeing that my stuttering stopped when I was onstage. It really was a miracle, she added. (ANI)
- Emily Blunt reveals her stuttering nightmare during childhood - Jun 09, 2010
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Michael Buble's album 'Christmas' released today - Oct 24, 2011
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in 'The Adjustment Bureau' - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- 'Devil Wears Prada' taught me to run in heels: Hathaway - May 22, 2012
- Emily still dreams of joining circus - Mar 16, 2012
- Emily Blunt's mother wants her to get married fast - Dec 19, 2009
- Hathaway finds it easy to make pals on sets - Mar 01, 2010
- Stanley Tucci is now planning a wedding with Felicity Blunt - Aug 09, 2012
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Emily Blunt loves playing ukulele - Dec 08, 2009