Emily Blunt picks up American accent for Hollywood rolesJune 10th, 2009 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 10 (ANI): English actress Emily Blunt’s ability to pick up an American accent on the spot has helped to land more roles in Hollywood.
Blunt, 26, who became famous for her roles as the young Queen Victoria and as an icy English fashion magazine assistant in ‘The Devil Wears Prada’, will be appearing in a new movie ‘Sunshine Clearing’.
But she admits that she finds it a struggle to keep up the Yankie twang.
“If you’re in America a lot it’s easy to get into playing American,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
“All of it, the sounds, the energies, all very different. But it’s really hard to do the accent. I tend to try and stay in it all day, which is the only way I can manage it.
“It’s worlds apart from what I grew up with,” she added. (ANI)
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Airbrushing makes me look like Barbie, says Emily Blunt - Jul 30, 2010
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in 'The Adjustment Bureau' - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- Blunt embarrassed by Damon kiss - Feb 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt reveals her stuttering nightmare during childhood - Jun 09, 2010
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- BT apology over Indian call center's failure to understand Brummie - Jan 23, 2011
- Emily Blunt begged to land The Young Victoria role - Mar 03, 2009
- Victoria Beckham wants daughter to grow like princess - Jul 14, 2011
- Emily Blunt named face of Opium fragrance - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Devil Wears Prada' taught me to run in heels: Hathaway - May 22, 2012
- Stanley Tucci is now planning a wedding with Felicity Blunt - Aug 09, 2012