Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in ‘The Adjustment Bureau’February 27th, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 27 (ANI): Actress Emily Blunt has revealed that she had to fight to land her ballerina role in new thriller ‘The Adjustment Bureau’.
Director George Nolfi wanted to cast a professional dancer, but the ‘Devil Wears Prada’ star was determined to change his mind after falling in love with the script, which is loosely based on author Philip K. Dick’s short story, Adjustment Team.
“I read the script and then about six weeks later, I finally got a meeting with George. I would call my agency and they would say, ‘No, no, they’re only meeting dancers’,” the Daily Express quoted Blunt as saying.
“He said he wanted a dancer and I said, ‘I think you’re wrong, I think you should have me!’” she said.
However, Blunt admits she struggled to stick to her strict diet and perfect her dance steps as she prepared for the shoot.
“I had about eight weeks before the movie started… so I was in the dance studio and in the gym. It’s the most demanding thing, physically, I’ve done,” she added. (ANI)
- Emily Blunt fought for ballerina role - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt gets eight-pack abs for '... Bureau' - Feb 09, 2011
- Emily Blunt stars in 'The adjustment bureau' - Mar 09, 2011
- Sci-fi weds romance in 'The Adjustment Bureau' (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 02, 2011
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- Airbrushing makes me look like Barbie, says Emily Blunt - Jul 30, 2010
- Blunt embarrassed by Damon kiss - Feb 08, 2011
- 'Street Dance 2' was fun, laughter: Falk Hentschell (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Emily Blunt reveals her stuttering nightmare during childhood - Jun 09, 2010
- Emily Blunt swaps corsets with slippers for new Hollywood role - Aug 19, 2009
- Emily Blunt defends signing up big budget movies - Feb 08, 2010
- Emily Blunt was a tomboy child - Nov 27, 2010
- Next 'Bourne' lands scribe - Aug 21, 2009
Tags: actress, ballerina, bureau director, daily express, dance steps, dance studio, dancers, devil, director george, emily blunt, falling in love, george nolfi, london feb, philip k dick, professional dancer, short story, six weeks, strict diet, thriller