Emily Blunt fought for ballerina roleFebruary 27th, 2011 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 27 (IANS) Actress Emily Blunt has revealed that she had to fight to get the role of a ballerina in the movie “The Adjustment Bureau” as the director wanted to cast a professional dancer.”I read the script and then about six weeks later, I finally had a meeting with (director) George Nolfi. I would call my agency and they would say, ‘No, no, they’re only meeting dancers.’ He said he wanted a dancer and I said, ‘I think you’re wrong, I think you should have me!’” dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.
The “Devil Wears Prada” star admits she struggled to stick to her strict diet and perfect her dance steps.
“I had about eight weeks before the movie started… so I was in the dance studio and in the gym. It’s the most demanding thing, physically, I’ve done,” she said.
- Emily Blunt had to fight for ballerina role in 'The Adjustment Bureau' - Feb 27, 2011
- Emily Blunt gets eight-pack abs for '... Bureau' - Feb 09, 2011
- Emily Blunt wants to be part of circus - Mar 18, 2012
- Krasinski loved Blunt at first sight - May 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt stars in 'The adjustment bureau' - Mar 09, 2011
- Biel, Timberlake plan secret, private wedding - Aug 14, 2012
- I would love to star in a musical: Williams - Nov 29, 2011
- Sci-fi weds romance in 'The Adjustment Bureau' (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 02, 2011
- Jason Segel forced to lose weight - Apr 26, 2012
- Hathaway wants to finish college - Nov 06, 2010
- Emily Blunt's OCD fears - Jun 21, 2012
- Emily Blunt acts friendly in public - Dec 19, 2010
- Blunt embarrassed by Damon kiss - Feb 08, 2011
- Emily Blunt defends signing up big budget movies - Feb 08, 2010
- Airbrushing makes me look like Barbie, says Emily Blunt - Jul 30, 2010